I love ac/dc, zeppelin, and VH, but im kinda tired of hearing the same stuff over and over again. What are some good bands that have the style of the bands i just named , but are not that well known. Thanks.
you probably know these but they aren't as well known as say...Led Zeppelin so heres a few. My favorite song is to the right.

Tom Petty - Runnin down a dream
The Kinks - Waterloo sunset
Robin Trower - Too Rolling Stoned and Daydream

Not too well know to the average kid.

Edit: also check out the Reccomendation thread. Also: the above bands might not be as hard rock as Ac/DC but its great.
Last edited by RounderIII at Jul 9, 2008,
Thunder.
All your base are belong to us.
Well if your into blues rock like Led Zep, you might want to try out John Mayall's Blues Breakers. They are not "unknown" as most people who listen to a lot blues rock listen to them, and some might even classify them as better than Zep.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Oooo...+1 on the Robin Trower.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Dude this is the CLASSIC ROCK forum your not gonna find many "unknown" bands here. however + 1 on the bluestreakers.
Gear:
Jackson DKMG
Yamaha Acoustic
Knockoff Strat
Vox AD30VT
Boss MT-2
Crybaby wah
Boss DD-3

The Ultra Balls. Throw them.

Member of the ANTI-IBANEZ MILITIA!