Is there something out there that will quiet down all the stray sounds coming from my strings whenever I'm trying to play something difficult? Even if I'm just doing some easy sweeping my strings will sound when i lift to get to the next string.

The vibration from plucking a single string softly can start to cause the other strings to sound too.

Is there anything that could help fix this problem?
bro0otal

Drummer

Guitarist___________Bassist________________Vox______________________Lead Guitarist
Boss NS-2... it's a pedal.

Also look up noise gates - you might wanna install one in your amp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
well, a noise gate should help, but a dampener can also help for the sweeping
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Uh, no. You need to work on your technique. You're playing sloppy and need to mute the string noise with your hands. Go to the Advanced Techniques forum in Musician Talk and ask for advice there.

Noise gates will only work AFTER you've finished paying, i.e. they cut out the sound when it is quieter than a certain level. They won't reduce noise while you're playing.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by loonyguitarist
Uh, no. You need to work on your technique. You're playing sloppy and need to mute the string noise with your hands. Go to the Advanced Techniques forum in Musician Talk and ask for advice there.

Noise gates will only work AFTER you've finished paying, i.e. they cut out the sound when it is quieter than a certain level. They won't reduce noise while you're playing.

He speaks the truth. Noise gates are only going to help when you're not playing. Need to clean up technique. Perhaps turn down the gain if it makes sense to do so. Will stop the crazy amplifications of the extra noise.