i am looking for an amp/guitar for around $1000 each, and although i would prefer to buy a guitar to replace my strat, realisticly an amp would be a better investment to replace my MG50. please only suggest amps on this website as it is the only guitar shop i am planning on visiting when i go to america. if anyone knows about amps with adjustable wattage (so i can use them in the UK) please speak up
A line 6 is always good.
Preferably spider, not flexitone, they are overated and overpriced.
But if you can afford it go for the biggest MG you can buy, they are incredible with crushing overdrive.

lol.
for a grand for metal? 5150?
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Peavey all the way... JSX combo or 5150 combo.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Do you mean you have $2000 to spend in total or $1000 to split between a guitar and amp?

Look at a 5150/6505 combo or a used JSX combo.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
If you find good deals you might be able to get some kind of Mesa. 5150 also works. Carvin v3 used (although it can get fizzy).
Quote by Raijouta
Do you mean you have $2000 to spend in total or $1000 to split between a guitar and amp?

i mean i am saving up $1000 to start off with, and am either going to buy an amp or a guitar with the money. i plan on buying both, its just which to buy first
The B-52 AT-100 stack looks cool. Although everyone around here seems to drool over the Peavey 5150 or 6505.

Uhhh.. Jackson RR3 or Jackson SL3 look cool. Also the 20th anniversary RG's are sweet.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-