I know a lot of people vouch for Ibanez, because they are brilliant guitars, but..

if i was to buy one or the other?
which would be best?

Looking for an easy glide along the fret board, nice sound to it, good for playing rock/metal.

What models are worth looking into?

Thanks for the help.
Quote by Chasing Shadows
I know a lot of people vouch for Ibanez, because they are brilliant guitars, but..

if i was to buy one or the other?
which would be best?

Looking for an easy glide along the fret board, nice sound to it, good for playing rock/metal.

What models are worth looking into?

Thanks for the help.

What budget are you on?

Also, would you want a locking trem, standard trem or hardtail? these are quite important if you want us to help you.
Jackson> Ibanez and ESP

if its in your budget, perhaps a Dinky or the KE3?

EDIT: at £700 you could probably the the soloist 3. That guitar is pure quality
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
an S series, check out the one in my sig for example, it is very high quality and is a great guitar. (And the ZR trem is the best)
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
As you said glide up the fretboard that'd incline me to saying Ibanez.

But I would suggest Jackson also. The DKMG is a great guitar as is the soloist three that someone else mentioned. If you save up abit more you could also get an RR5 rhodes I think too
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
dude i have an RG and i love it to the end of the earth
it is the sickest thing ever. fast light sick bridge, if thats your thing of course
Neither. Both are good, but if you really want something good, get a Schecter. Hellraisers are nice, as well as the C series. The C-1 is a brilliant guitar, but doesn't have a tremolo.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Dayumm that's a pretty nice guitar there Bedhead, so many to choose =/

Need to go to a few shops and play with a few.
agreed C-1's are awesome too

there all good brands tbh : Ibanez, ESP, Jackson and Schecter

oh yeah just try lots of them ^^
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Last edited by Shredx at Jul 9, 2008,
I would agree with bedhead, I have an RG as well and the neck is perfect. but its the only ibanez I have ever owned and I have never played an ESP. I know that the floating edge bridges that ibanez offers are impressive, especially if you are willing to put in the 50$ to grab a tremel-no. I love mine and would definitly recomend it to anyone, the RGs are very versatile.
Quote by {offc}firefly
I would agree with bedhead, I have an RG as well and the neck is perfect. but its the only ibanez I have ever owned and I have never played an ESP. I know that the floating edge bridges that ibanez offers are impressive, especially if you are willing to put in the 50$ to grab a tremel-no. I love mine and would definitly recomend it to anyone, the RGs are very versatile.

Not a big fan of the sound though. on the lower end ones, they cut off so much wood where they dont need to, eg the back of the neck is basically flat. all of this just lowers the tone quality. Eric Johnson would be horrified.
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Quote by Chasing Shadows
Dayumm that's a pretty nice guitar there Bedhead, so many to choose =/

Need to go to a few shops and play with a few.

yeh boi!!!!! i have the RG2570. prestige of course made in japan so not too cheap. but better value than a gibson or fender. theyre over rati tried put one like mine but not the exact one but of course its mainly al the same and then orderd the style i wanted. its cool but yer definatly try it. and some esps

i mean i like ibanez but esp might be more to your taste
I personally, prefer ESP
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
I don't want to be a dick, but if you are looking to get a better sound, you should first replace your amps. AVTs aren't very good.
In that case, rock on!

The guitars mentioned in this thread are all fine so far, but if you're going to spend up to 1000, go for a higher end instrument like Ltd 1000's, Ibanez Prestige or Jacksons with original Floyd Rose tremolos.
My personal favourite would be an Ibanez S2170. After swapping the pickups, it is absolutely brilliant.
if you get an esp, get an esp.... not an ltd. otherwise go for an ibanez.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack