could probably do better, whats your budget?
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
wtf, you've been on UG for a year and now you are getting your first guitar.
Haven't played one but it looks pretty good.
I don't really like Deans to be honest (especially the lower end ones) but I can't really argue with the specs on that thing, espcially for $300. However, if you were able to to stretch to $400, theres a better range of guitars you could get.
Meh, thats a bit much for a first guitar don't you think?

EDIT: Why does your profile say you already have a guitar?

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by slashrock94
wtf, you've been on UG for a year and now you are getting your first guitar.
Haven't played one but it looks pretty good.

He has a guitar listed on his profile. Maybe it's not for him.
Quote by TheProducer
He has a guitar listed on his profile. Maybe it's not for him.

i was just gonna say that

but..
schecter, agile?
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ShredGod George
deans >ibanez's
thats a great first metal guitar

If you were really a shred god, you'd realise that statement is completely wrong.
Quote by Tom_hatton
If you were really a shred god, you'd realise that statement is completely wrong.

He makes a very good point.
eh good i guess for what it is but if who ever decides to get some ofther guitar then i would stay away from ibbys with trems the ibanez edge trem suck ASS
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
get an esp
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
First off I'll agree that Dean > Ibanez (I'll keep short and simple like that since no one likes to back up statements with facts on UG)

Now as far as the first guitar: Yea it's not a bad guitar for the price, but I wouldn't think any V would make a good first guitar..
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
for a first guitar i would not recommed a v shaped guitar............not the easiest to play sitting.
Quote by sandman-105
Eh, good I guess for what it is but if who ever decides to get some other guitar then I would stay away from ibbys with Edge III trems, the ibanez edge III trem sucks ASS.

Fixed.
[quote="'[P|E|R|S|O|N"]']
+1

especially on low and mid range guitars, ibanez just pwns dean
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Why does everyone think you need an ibanez to be a 'shred god'?.....a realy 'shred god' would know that you don't need an ibanez.
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Probably because Steve Vai and Satch use Ibanez's, and people assume "Hey, they're shred gods, and they use Ibanez's. I gotta get an Ibanez to be the shredd0rzzzz!!"

I don't really recommend a V shaped guitar as a starter, it's pretty hard to play sitting, and that's how most people will be positioned when they're starting out.
Who says you can't shred out on a Les Paul, or an SG, or hell, a STRAT! Just look at Yngwie Malmsteen, and despite what you guys say, he is a shred god IMO.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't recommend any kind of odd shaped guitar for a first guitar. It will just frustrate whomever is going to be the owner of the guitar. He/she wouldn't find it too easy to play, considering they wouldn't be able to adjust their playing for the odd shape. (Becasue they can't play yet)

Tell him/her to get a MIM strat. They can upgrade the pickups to hot rails later for a br00talz sound.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Last edited by Chance125 at Jul 9, 2008,
Quote by thriller4life
Why does everyone think you need an ibanez to be a 'shred god'?.....a realy 'shred god' would know that you don't need an ibanez.

Nobody said you needed an Ibanez to be a shred god?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
For that price range of guitar I think Ibanez is better. Also, I wouldn't recommend a V for a first guitar.
Quote by umbrellacorp
tom morello that bitch

^ Talking about how high to play your guitar.
any other brand of amp you guys have in mind? i'm looking for the best price/performance ratio
Get a strat...then decide where you want to go with your playing.
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Well, I would get a decent starter pack or something. I wouldn't worry too much about tone when I'm starting out, just on how to actually play.

So get an Ibanez starter or something.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i would get an ibanez !

those signature dean are a little cheap i owned one of those and it didnt really deliver....

maybe good for first guitar but not for that price and stuff

get an ibanez rg