i really dont know how to tell but from looking at the tab im gonna say.......... G?
I think it's in A minor. It's definetly A something. I'm going with A minor because i don't remember seeing a C# so there's a b3. There is G# in a good amount so i'm going to say that was borrowed from the harmonic minor scale.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
lol damn...i usually just look at the first note of a song and say yea its in that key...so when i saw the 5 on the E string it just regestered G because i write in drop d. BUT since this tab is in standard the 5 is an A. so i say listen to metal4all!
Quote by leftykid
lol damn...i usually just look at the first note of a song and say yea its in that key...so when i saw the 5 on the E string it just regestered G because i write in drop d. BUT since this tab is in standard the 5 is an A. so i say listen to metal4all!

That's a pretty bad way of doing things. If you care what key a song is in, you should care enough to learn how to work it out properly.
Quote by Eirien
That's a pretty bad way of doing things. If you care what key a song is in, you should care enough to learn how to work it out properly.

you are right my friend but i just have never took the time to learn theory. i have played guitar for 5 years now and im to the point to where i can hear something in my head and pick it out quite easily actually. its kind of weird i hear something and id say within 2 or 3 tries tries ive got it. i anticipate the next note and 80% of the time it is the one i want
Quote by leftykid
you are right my friend but i just have never took the time to learn theory. i have played guitar for 5 years now and im to the point to where i can hear something in my head and pick it out quite easily actually. its kind of weird i hear something and id say within 2 or 3 tries tries ive got it. i anticipate the next note and 80% of the time it is the one i want

It's very good that you have a good ear, but learning theory offers us a way to understand what we play.
yes i know but knowing theory doesnt mean you cannot make good music...i know you did not say that... i was just voicing my own opinion on it...I read a guitar world interview with Eddie Van Halen and he said he never took 1 lesson he just played what sounded good to him..i think this proves my theory lol
Quote by leftykid
yes i know but knowing theory doesnt mean you cannot make good music...i know you did not say that... i was just voicing my own opinion on it...I read a guitar world interview with Eddie Van Halen and he said he never took 1 lesson he just played what sounded good to him..i think this proves my theory lol

Must...resist...urge...to...yell...

Quote by leftykid

That's funny because I thought EVH was a classically trained pianist.
Quote by Eirien
That's funny because I thought EVH was a classically trained pianist.

Exactly.

Both he and his brother received training from a young age.
hey man i have never heard that. so i was going off of what i read in guitar world...but u know now that im high and i think about it guitar world is probally 1/2 half bull**** anyways hahahah

maybe i'll break out the scale books for a while