ok so I'm looking for an overdrive or distortion pedal that I can use over the clean channel or maybe the OD channel of my fender hot rod deluxe. I recently tried a couple of boss pedals (the blues driver, SD-1, and DS-1 i think) and they all sounded thin and cheesy. i'm looking for an OD pedal that can go from light bluesy break up (think SRV or larry carlton) to a very heavy overdrive and everything in between. recommendations?

also, what about fuzz pedals? recommendations?

thanks!
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
ibanez tube screamer, bbe green screamer, mxr wylde overdrive

also take a look at the visual sounds double trouble. its 2 overdrive sin one. you can use one, the other, or both together.

also they make a pedal called the jekyll and hyde. its an overdrive and distortion. id look at it if you need that light srv-like sound and a heavy distorion for hard rock and metal
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
anyone else have any suggestions?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

Quote by LP51122
i'm looking for an OD pedal that can go from light bluesy break up (think SRV or larry carlton) to a very heavy overdrive and everything in between.

hahahaha

I wish the pedal that could do all that and do it WELL existed, but it doesn't. Anywhoo, I would go for the Maxon OD 808 into the clean channel of your amp for the blues side of things, and then use it as a boost to your gain channel for teh br00tlez. That's about as close as you'll get to a pedal that can do all that, even though you're actually useing the amp to get there with it...
Digitech Bad Monkey if you're strapped for cash.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I like the Jekyll and Hyde suggestion. It's a tubescreamer clone on one side and a distortion pedal on the other. May be perfect.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Checked out the Butler stuff. He makes some great overdrives.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
I was gonna suggest that Jekyll and Hyde too. It seems like a great pedal for a HRD.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
check out blackstar pedals.

they have 5 high voltage valve based pedals from a boost up to Br0otalz distortion.

truly something for everyone. i have the HT-DRIVE, essentially the second one from the bottom and it goes from a creamy boost thru to classic rock with no problem. the top ones are mental. they arent cheap. £89-£109 ish but they are solid in build and sound.
Thank you please.
Quote by deadlydunc

they have 5 high voltage valve based pedals from a boost up to Br0otalz distortion.

truly something for everyone. i have the HT-DRIVE, essentially the second one from the bottom and it goes from a creamy boost thru to classic rock with no problem. the top ones are mental. they arent cheap. £89-£109 ish but they are solid in build and sound.

I have the DistX and run it through my Hot Rod, it can do a lot, its £99 but I think its worth it, though the Dist or the Dual might be better, though the Dual is a lot more expensive.
Quote by lumberjack
hahahaha

I wish the pedal that could do all that and do it WELL existed, but it doesn't. Anywhoo, I would go for the Maxon OD 808 into the clean channel of your amp for the blues side of things, and then use it as a boost to your gain channel for teh br00tlez. That's about as close as you'll get to a pedal that can do all that, even though you're actually useing the amp to get there with it...

What the difference between a Maxon 808 and an Ibanez TS808? is it just a clone?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

Quote by LP51122
What the difference between a Maxon 808 and an Ibanez TS808? is it just a clone?

Maxon made the originals so the TS808 you could say is a clone...

And Maxon is better quality and they are the original company for what thats worth.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Maxon made the originals so the TS808 you could say is a clone...

And Maxon is better quality and they are the original company for what thats worth.

On top of that, I believe the Maxon pedals are true bypass, but I could be mistaken.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
^It appears that you're correct.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by LP51122
ok so I'm looking for an overdrive or distortion pedal that I can use over the clean channel or maybe the OD channel of my fender hot rod deluxe. I recently tried a couple of boss pedals (the blues driver, SD-1, and DS-1 i think) and they all sounded thin and cheesy. i'm looking for an OD pedal that can go from light bluesy break up (think SRV or larry carlton) to a very heavy overdrive and everything in between. recommendations?

also, what about fuzz pedals? recommendations?

thanks!

You want me to build you an overdrive.....with LED and diode clipping, true bypass, swappable IC chips, with way more range than a TS-808 as far as gain, and little mid hump, and a selectable bass boost......how much? you mind asks....$100 shipped to your pretty doorstep

I'm a damn fine mind reader

/shameless spam
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Last edited by Bloodshed at Jul 10, 2008,
In all seriousness though, I can build that, and I'm pretty flexible at tailoring the pedal to your needs, so if you are interested, you can definitely PM me. The OD I built for myself is my most used pedal, and only gets turned off if i need to play a squeaky clean part. It's very responsive and transparent, but can add a unique color to your tone pallete if you like. I'm gonna be in the studio next week so I should be able to get some samples.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Catilinbread Sagrado Poblano Picoso. In spite of its name it is the bestI have some across.

Or that^
Quote by deadlydunc

How heavy does the HT-Drive get? i don't play any metal, but the heaviest i'll probably get is like a gov't mule or aerosmith kind of tone
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

Quote by Lil Macker
Marshall Guv'nor. Seriously, get one, they are good.

Is the Guv'nor successful at recreating the sound of a tube marshall?

or does it nail that crushing MG tone?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

Actually the Guv'nor is pretty solid. Get's that good greasy Marshall sound.

My OD is the sexy's too!!

Ok I'll stop now, I promise.
(I do guarantee them free of workmanship flaws for life tho)
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
^that's a huge guarantee. Do you actually back that up?

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Yup, if anything ever goes wrong with it and it is from shoddy craftsmanship, or if it needs some TLC, send it to me and I'll cover shipping and repairs. I use high quality components and audiophile grade solder and wire.

EDIT: No one has sent one back so far!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Ah, just calling you out to make sure you weren't making empty promises.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by lumberjack
hahahaha

It exists. It's called the Visual Sound Double Trouble.

When you throw it in front of an already semi-overdriven tube amp with both levels on full, it get f*cking heavy. I've seriously gotten a good Rammstein tone out of my Palomino with it. Low-end chug and all. It even does low gain crunch tones excellently.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Ah, just calling you out to make sure you weren't making empty promises.

The only empty promises I make are when it comes to promising to empty a nice coffee cup in front of me in the morning. If I build a crappy pedal, it is my responsibility to ensure that it is fixed. Reputation is more important than money
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
The only empty promises I make are when it comes to promising to empty a nice coffee cup in front of me in the morning. If I build a crappy pedal, it is my responsibility to ensure that it is fixed. Reputation is more important than money

Thats been my phiosophy in business for 20 years.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd