so i came across a bit of money to get my build rolling again. how do you guys go about drilling the holes from the pickup routes to the control/jack area if your going with no pick guard? my best theory is since its gonna be a 2 or 3 piece body cutting and rough routing before gluing then drill the holes sideways since the drill will/might have access to get at those angles. but i worry about it not being a perfect match once it gets glued... i mean i guess i could just drill the holes then route post glue so the seems are perfect. i just dont wana fck up the wood i already have if its not nessisary
The holes are simply drilled. They have long drill bits you can use if clearance for the drill is an issue. Or a right angle headed drill. Production guitars its all planned out say for a LP they route the channel for the wires before gluing the top on the body.
right angle headed drill sounds like what i need... is it an attachment for a drill or a special drill?also im thinking of putting a top on it... i dont know why i didnt think of that. the wood is about a 1/16 to 1/8 an inch thinner than i wanted. so a top would solve 2 of my problems... thanks. i'll roll this one around him my head

also if im gluing 3 peices together, should i do 2 then the 3rd or all at once?