Page 1 of 5
I searched for a topic about them and i couldnt find one so i thought id make one.

I love this band. I really think theyre gonna be the dead kennedys/ramones/clash/etc (im not saying theyre alike in sound/lyrics just in influence) i have not been lucky enough to see them in concert though Hopefully someday i will though.

Also you cant forget the rest of the Crack rock steady bands like Choking Victim, INDK and Morning Glory. And then theres Star ****ing Hipsters but ive never heard any of their music.

What are your guys thoughts on this/these band(s)?
I like Choking Victim. Not a fan of the rest of the **** though. Stza voice has gotten so much worse over time.
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
all the bands that have to do wit the crack rock steady 7 are good. just like choking victim and leftover crack
A friend of mine turned me on to Leftover Crack a long time ago. The only cd I have is Mediocre Generica, but it's got some great songs. I also have a punk compilation cd with a Choking Victim song on it. I like them
*puts on fanboy face*

I love these guys. My opinion diminished of the actual members when I realized what a complete asshole Stza is, but damn I can't resist their music.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
^That depends on what you define as searching. I define searching as looking at the first 3 or 4 topics, then determining what I was looking for does not exist. Some say it's less effective, but it's a hell of a lot easier.

I like LoC, even though Stza does come off as a total asswipe, like another guy said, I can't resist their music.
LoC ain't bad. I feel like they're a skacore Dead Kennedys. And while I'm here, Deadline-is the LoC or Citizen Fish side better?
from what i heard that split sucked altogether, but Citizen Fish did a little better than LoC.
Never got into 'em. Choking Victim's alright though. They're really the only lo cash band I can tolerate along with InDK.
In regards to the deadline split, the leftover crack side sucks REALLY F*CKING HARD. The Citizen Fish side isn't great, but it's significantly better... their version of "Clear Channel (**** off)" is much better than the original.
I like them, but I do think they're pretty overrated. Lots of people think they're the best thing since sliced bread for some reason. I think those people haven't listened to much other music.
i like em one of the better bands of now
my friend got a chance to go to the loc and citizen fish show
she met Jello Biafra outside after the end of the show
Dick+strings= owww
I like the band but I can only tolerate them for a while. Same with Choking Victim....except their early demo's where they have a really un polished sound which suits their sound.

Hands down my fave band affiliated with Leftover Crack = Morning Glory. I really rate all their records so far but it's a shame Ezra is probablt too skagged up to do anything in the way of new material
Quote by BlaiseTheSlayer
LoC ain't bad. I feel like they're a skacore Dead Kennedys. And while I'm here, Deadline-is the LoC or Citizen Fish side better?

The Leftover Crack side sucked. Jello's rant was the best thing on it.
Personally, I loved Citizen Fish's side, but I haven't heard any of Citizen Fish's other stuff to compare it to.
Don't really like LoC that much, imo Choking Victims the only good band to come out of the whole CR7. I was just really dissapointed that none of the other bands play ska as much or as good as Choking Victim did.
Quote by pick_it_up666
Don't really like LoC that much, imo Choking Victims the only good band to come out of the whole CR7. I was just really dissapointed that none of the other bands play ska as much or as good as Choking Victim did.

Lol, wut?

Choking Victim were a horrible ska punk band. their best stuff was the hardcore based stuff they did.

And i liked LOC's side of Deadline, it showed a different side of them, In the liner notes, for the chorus of one song, Stza wrote that he put on the lyrics sheet "Sing like Jawbreaker." I thought that was funny, cause it was a much more melodic chorus.
I like Choking Victim's ska. Yeah, it's not overly great, but it's catchy as hell.
Quote by original=punk
Lol, wut?

Choking Victim were a horrible ska punk band. their best stuff was the hardcore based stuff they did.

I think they were best at ska, it's really catchy and I like it. The hardcore stuffs good too, the only thing I don't like by them is the death metal they tried to play.
Quote by pick_it_up666
I think they were best at ska, it's really catchy and I like it. The hardcore stuffs good too, the only thing I don't like by them is the death metal they tried to play.

Haha, I always skip through that death metal part in the beginning of **** America.
Quote by pick_it_up666

Their heavy stuff is their greatest strength I think. Yeah, Stza's gotten better at singing melodically, his voice is smoother, but his screams are really good. They sound like a blackened death metal band on Operation MOVE, the orchestration and arrangement's on that song are supreme
indk is the best i think? i wish ezra did all the singing in loc lol stza has terrible stage presense and cant really sing well.
Quote by Zero Substance
i don't listen to loc much. i don't have anything against them, i just never really got into them. i love choking victim tho. i'm seeing loc in august with magrudergrind and i ****ing hope that show isn't taken over by street punk loc fanboys.

I thought you said you were going to a LOC show not a Causalties show.
Last edited by your_martyr at Jul 11, 2008,
A friend of mine saw Leftover Crack once and said that the LOC fans were actually all pretty nice. I was just as surprised as all of you.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
A friend of mine saw Leftover Crack once and said that the LOC fans were actually all pretty nice. I was just as surprised as all of you.

Second time I saw them, some asshole kept jumping off the speakers and landing right on me, usually kicking me in the head... he did it probably 10 times before I finally figured out it was the same guy over and over...

So, I waited for him to climb up there, stared right at him, waited for him to jump, and then cleared a circle big enough for him to land right on the ground...

He had the nerve to get all pissy because I didn't let him kick me in the head for the 11th time....

Other than that, everybody was friendly... Of course, Stza just kind of laid on the ground and didn't even sing half his parts because he was too messed up... First time I saw them he must have been on some uppers or something because he was really energetic.
Quote by neidnarb11890
The Leftover Crack side sucked. Jello's rant was the best thing on it.
Personally, I loved Citizen Fish's side, but I haven't heard any of Citizen Fish's other stuff to compare it to.

I have a Citizen Fish Live Recording from the 90s, it´s somehow strange, but still really good, everything related to the Subhumans is really good
Quote by RockThe40oz
Second time I saw them, some asshole kept jumping off the speakers and landing right on me, usually kicking me in the head... he did it probably 10 times before I finally figured out it was the same guy over and over...

So, I waited for him to climb up there, stared right at him, waited for him to jump, and then cleared a circle big enough for him to land right on the ground...

He had the nerve to get all pissy because I didn't let him kick me in the head for the 11th time....

Other than that, everybody was friendly... Of course, Stza just kind of laid on the ground and didn't even sing half his parts because he was too messed up... First time I saw them he must have been on some uppers or something because he was really energetic.

i laughed at that for like ten mins.
Page 1 of 5