Poll: What do you think of 'Layla Unplugged' from Eric Clapton's Unplugged Album?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you think of 'Layla Unplugged' from Eric Clapton's Unplugged Album?
I like Unplugged Layla
24 80%
I think Layla is a 'Plodding failure' (Dislike)
3 10%
Meh, I could go either way.......
3 10%
Never heard unplugged Layla
0 0%
Voters: 30.
So, Eric Clapton did 'Layla' unplugged on his unplugged album. i always really liked the album, and I'm amazed that he rewrote those songs for an acoustic set. 'Tears In Heaven' is a good song(Yet sad) and the best is the Unplugged version of Layla.
Yet, in 'Acoustic Rock' magazine, they call Unplugged Layla, a "plodding failure" and "Clapton should be applauded for at least trying". What is everybody's views on 'Layla Unplugged"
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

I liked it, but at least he didn't try to do the second piano part of Layla, since he didn't write it.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
The original is great for being really passionate and huge, but I think the unplugged version was also good, if only as a crowd-pleaser.
It's also awesome to play on guitar, the solo is really fun and easy to learn........

▲ ▲

that magazine should be burned for making such a comment towards one of the greatest guitarists of all time....
Quote by led_zep_1789
that magazine should be burned for making such a comment towards one of the greatest guitarists of all time....

Because they have a different opinion then yours, sounds like a great reason to destroy someone.
I tend to pick it when I have a pick, but once in a while I fingerpick it all, or finger pick the beginning, and use a pick on the solo.......

▲ ▲

Quote by aetherspear
I liked it, but at least he didn't try to do the second piano part of Layla, since he didn't write it.

Well, actually Clapton didn't write the famous Layla riff either. Duane Allman came up with that.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
On it's own it's 'okay'. But the original is so much better, the unplugged version just seems so crap in comparison.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Atreideslegend
Absolutely awful

thats total BS!
Eric Clapton is way better unplugged! personally i think he sounded cruddy with most of his songs that were not in acoustic.