STRINGS?!!?! these things better be made from gold and automatically play play Free Bird when i strum it once. seriously though, wtf? with a name like "elixir" and the price they best be ****in amazing.
Quote by PrimalScreamer
STRINGS?!!?! these things better be made from gold and automatically play play Free Bird when i strum it once. seriously though, wtf? with a name like "elixir" and the price they best be ****in amazing.

Well, why did you buy them if they were to expensive? They're coated, so the tone lasts longer. Logic being they are 3x as much as regular strings so they should (although may not) last 3x longer tonewise.
Let's just say that one of my guitars has had Elixir 11s on it since January, and it still sounds pretty fresh and snappy and keeps tuning well.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
im not sure why i bought them... lol i just have a tendancy to buy stuff and then feel stupid for spending too much money (or any money at all in some cases). i guess i made this topic hoping people would reassure me that i didnt waste money because i dont have much of an income...
yeah, it is kindof rediculous. i protest by not buying them.
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
why would you spend $15, better yet, why would you want your guitar to play freebird?? If i hear that song one more time im ganna cut my ears off
I like elixirs. They last forever and sound good.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by beadhangingOne
don't just buy stuff because it's expensive lol.

He's right.
example - iPhone.
Quote by ShrimpthePimp
He's right.
example - iPhone.

$199 with the plan is a pretty good price for a well-enabled phone.
Quote by steve98614
why would you spend $15, better yet, why would you want your guitar to play freebird?? If i hear that song one more time im ganna cut my ears off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mioGewkWVdo
*hands knife.*
Go ahead.

Seriously, people say some dumb things on here.

And TS, Elixir strings are probably the best strings you can buy, well worth the money I'd say. They last ages.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Some stores get more than others the one where I live gets 10 bucks a set. I used to buy em but they have a really bad habit of breaking. Some use em with no problems. But Im hard on strings. So they didnt last longer than regular strings for me.
They're actually nice strings. The will last alot longer as well. The thing that gets me really pissed off though is when I break one!!!
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
hmm wow lets see they lasted me.... 1 mother****ing day. what pieces of ****. i was tuning the high E DOWN and the piece of **** snapped. this is some ****ing bull****.
Quote by PrimalScreamer
hmm wow lets see they lasted me.... 1 mother****ing day. what pieces of ****. i was tuning the high E DOWN and the piece of **** snapped. this is some ****ing bull****.

tried them once, broke my 4th string the day after (and yes i put the string on right...) and my high e string like a week later with my toe... i was strumming my guitar with my foot in it's case, i never bought them again (keep in mind i use 9's)

GHS Boomers FTW
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I just got some new strings for my violin. They were $70
I haven't tried elixirs, but if they sound decent and last as long as they're supposed to, I don't see how $15 is out of line.
P.S to the people who call strings crap because they broke-
ever stop to think that you just had some bad luck, or need to file your saddles? Surely you don't think that one string breaking is indicative of...well, anything at all? Data is not the plural of anecdote.
Last edited by Roc8995 at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by willis4
Elixirs over here are about $40. Worth every cent.

alright how 'bout i buy some for you and sell them to you for $30?
A Mr. JB Guitars does here in Sturgis, MI. Then again JB is a burnt out bum who desperatly needs money. Also im figurin you dont live near Sturgis, so nvm. But ya most big companies wont sell you single strings. At least from what i know.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
damn. because i dont want to buy ****ty strings so that in a month all my strings sound nice cept my high e, but theres no way im gonna buy more elixirs. hmm...
lol i remeber just two weeks ago i was gonna buy cleartones strings is what i think its called i got two packs and my sum came up to be $40 and im waht!?!? lol
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
15 dollars you say ?

i just bought a set of elixirs for 25 euros. converted, that's 39.59 dollars.

so, what was your problem with them again ?
Quote by The red Strat.
15 dollars you say ?

i just bought a set of elixirs for 25 euros. converted, that's 39.59 dollars.

so, what was your problem with them again ?

my problem is that my high e string broke after 1 day.