I'm not sure where this kind of thread would go, so i'm putting it in the basics section:

Anyone know what kind of amp settings, effects, pedals, and/or techniques to use to get a sound kind of like Tom Scholz? especially the sound for his solos... ex: More Than a Feeling

and i know he does a lot of studio work also, could his sound come mainly from that?
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
i will google search that, whatever it is... lol

but do you have any details or info on the rockman?
AROUND THE WORLD

Last edited by Yeti60 at Jul 9, 2008,
To get close just take a nice, medium gain overdriven tone and stick a bit of mild chorus in there and some reverb.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
thanks for the tips seagull, and midnight ride, i'll look into that pedal... but what is a rocktron rockman? i've heard the name but i have no idea what it is.
AROUND THE WORLD

i checked out that rp50, sounds kinda nice... but at this point i'd rather save up money for a new guitar... but anyone else have any opinions on the boston guitar sound? or the rp50
AROUND THE WORLD

ok, i found out what exactly a rockman is, and it is very intriguing... anyone know how much it costs?
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by Yeti60
i will google search that, whatever it is... lol

but do you have any details or info on the rockman?

Old-school rack effects (though I think they made pedal versions too). My guitar teacher had the full rockman setup and it was a really unique and recognizably "Boston" sound. I have to say that it got very old, very fast. I'd be amazed if it weren't emulated by a lot of the multi-effects setups these days, though of course the name is trademarked. So look for some imitative name that indicates that it is the Rockman distortion. Or just ebay for the full rack setup, but be prepared to deal with a rack setup, and old gear.