Page 1 of 3
My friends decided to name my bass Juliet and my acoustic guitar Charlie.

Does anyone else have names for their basses? Or am I just that much attached.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
The name's of mine are Lola and Tracy
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.
Jonn0, you have the greatest signature that I've seen on U.G.

I'm a huge Biffy Clyro Fan.

My guitar's name is the same as my car's: Kelley
I don't name my instruments but I'd name my Stiletto Sally...just because I think that's kind of a funny name....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I call my basses by the brand name...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I cant think of names for my basses I just call them my peavey and my ibanez lol. I should name them. That would kick ass. lol
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
the only one i've named is called manuel coz it's from mexico
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Billie Jean.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Billie Jean.

is she not your lover?

I named mine McHappy almost unconsciously. I just called it my Ibanez or my Ibby, and one day I was looking at the little happy face on the headstock when I came up with a bassline. so I said to my guitarist without realizing, to pass me McHappy.

I think God named my bass for me.

and he saw it was good.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I named my Ibanez, Roxy. The name came from when my girlfriend needed a fake name to use when she called some place and she used Roxy, so I took it for my bass. And most of the time I refer to the bass by name.
I named my purple Silvertone Penelope. It just seems to fit and usually gets a laugh out of people when I refer to my bass by name.
Slap a bass, not a ho.
If i had to name my plug in baby, it would be Mr. Lahey

Cook-E to the person who knows who that is
Or a dirty burger.....
You stole my Overture
My ESP F104 is named Amy, my Schecter Stiletto Elite 5 is named Amber, and my Spector Euro 5 (green) is named Rex. It's named Rex because 1: Rex Brown played similar ones, and 2: I now own "Rex the big green bass."
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
If I had to choose a name it would be either Nun Strangler Envoy of Hades or Blaspheherion Bringer of Perpetual Martyrium.
I realized I was god when I prayed and saw that I was talking to myself.
the reference is trailer park boys i get E-cookie

my bass seems like a Laura, black finish on flamed maple

guitar isnt good enough for a name

banjo seems like more of a boy, im thinking "clyde"
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
My bass is named Bloody E because the E string has never stayed in tune. Haven't named any of the other instruments I've got.
i guess i'm a gear head. my bass is called "my bass". i'm attached to it so much, that i'd sell it tonight, if i could buy a better bass, tomorrow. then it would be called "my bass".
My bass is named Horatio. Yes Horatio. Named after the character from Hamlet. Full name Horatio Obsidian. I don't know why the Obsidian. Probably because it's black luthite.

And my acoustic guitar is named Othello by the by. Yeah, I like Shakespeare a lot.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
I named my hofner Mary Jane.. I was high and listening to sweet jane by VU and it just fit
DB Player
i've named my first bass and first electric guitar after soul calibur characters now..i wished i didnt, but i'm not going to rename them.
the others have random names that i happen to like.
soymilk please <3
Before, I've never bothered naming my instruments, but having seen the names on the thread, I reckon me and my bass could use some bonding. It's now called Reyna
Haha oh man storytime UG!

just smoked a bowl in my room, about to jam with a friend of mine. unplugged the headphones from one of the amps, and as i chucked em across the room, the cord lightly struck the G string on my fretless jazz bass, somewhere near the bridge, and it made a nice growl of anxiousness, it was so cool. felt obligated to give it a name afterward because it was so awesome. decidied to name it "Freddy Less"
spaghetti-etti-etti
you fill me up with you carbohydrates
and energize me with simple sugars <3
My Ibanez is called Sid, and my Squier is called Frank

There names that came from me just mocking someone who had named there instrument (saying like "Oooh look heres Sid and his bassist" in a sarcastic way) and they ended up sticking.. Ironic ey?
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Quote by mosh_face
the reference is trailer park boys i get E-cookie

my bass seems like a Laura, black finish on flamed maple

guitar isnt good enough for a name

banjo seems like more of a boy, im thinking "clyde"

Yes! yes you do!

"Randy!" - Jim Lahey
You stole my Overture
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I call the Jazz 24 my bass, but in my mind I can't decide between Kel Varnsen, H.E. Pennypacker and Art Vandalay.

none of those. call it Sofine.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by bass dude nick
the only one i've named is called manuel coz it's from mexico

That is good logic.
From now on, my fender tele is called Carlos.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
My first bass was called Wife (I didn't steal it from Sheehan, I swear to God I didn't know he existed at all when I named my bass), the second one was named Crappy, because it was a really crappy copy of Fender J-bass. My new one is simply called Yamahica (where you read the "c" sound as an "ts") which is the diminished form of Yamaha in my native language.
Page 1 of 3