I'm really curious as to whether there are any teles in production (bar the john 5 model) which have a humbucker in the bridge and a single coil in the neck position? I've set my dreams on one of these, and i'm assuming that it would cost a large amount to mod a tele so a humbucker fits...

I haven't even got as far as thinking of a budget, but I'd love to own a tele in the (probably not very near) future. Has anyone got any suggestions?
as far as i know, no. you could buy either a thinline or a deluxe, but they have humbuckers in the neck as well so you'd have to swap those out and somehow replace the pick guard.
signed,
your favorite poster
You'd probably have to make one yourself, which isn't a very attractive option... you'd have to Dremel your way through the bridge plate and the body to make a well to fit a humbucker.

You could go with a stacked humbucker as a compromise...
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
The Fender Telecaster Custom had a humbucker in it and there were some '72 re-issues (MIJ & MIM) of this model. You may want to locate a used one.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
I've seen a few with humbuckers in both positions, and it wouldn't be hard to fill part of the neck slot to fit a single coil.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by SoLgEr
i been wanting one of these myself. from what ive come up with is you would have to get one of these

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Special-Edition-Spalted-Custom-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=513879

and just buy the lipstick neck pickup and put a pickguard on it

won't work, as the pick guard won't fit on a carved top.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
o, well then i guess just switch the tele base plate for a fixed bridge of some sort and rout your own bucker spot
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
have you tried the bridge pickup in telecasters? i know it is up to you, but i think they sound wonderful, i just put a P90 in the neck of my tele and i love it.
signed,
your favorite poster
That spalted maple top looks nice. Maybe get one with two humbuckers and put a p90 in it? Or, I bet you could find one used on ebay or something
GC and MF had a close-out sale on Squier Tele Specials at $99.99: Alder body, string-through bridge, Maple/Rosewood neck, etc. Here are stock pics:

One of mine has been upgraded with DiMarzio Antiquity and Heavy Blues - killer beast!

Just curious - why not the J5? It's got the pickup config you want and IMO it's a pretty fine looking tele.
Quote by DomPy
Damn, i was looking for something other than a squire Squier, i may have to look into them though..
It just seems really frustrating as i can't be the only one who wants this pick-up configuration on a tele!

*fixed*

Squiers are fine and when set up properly and played through a nice tube amp, are true stealth weapons.

The upgraded Squier I posted above, when played through a Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MK II + CC 412 A/B 30 cab slays, hard! Through a Fender Hotrod, incredible.

Quote by Ippon
*fixed*

Squiers are fine and when set up properly and played through a nice tube amp, are true stealth weapons.

The upgraded Squier I posted above, when played through a Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MK II + CC 412 A/B 30 cab slays, hard! Through a Fender Hotrod, incredible.

Hmm, i'll have to consider this then, would you recommend a pick-up swap?
I'm thinking of a seymour duncan of some kind...

And to the person above, I just don't really like the look of the J5 tele, and don't think i could get used to the headstock...
Why not just get an SD hot rails or something similar? Humbucker thats fits the size of a single coil slot!

I just had a SD lil'59 fitted in my tele and sounds really good. Almost les paulish but on a diet. Obviously i have lost some of the tele twang though.
What is your budget?

Do you want SC in neck for look or sound or what?

HH might work for you. Here are a few and there were some on page before this but they were more expensive.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Page-3.gc?src=fender+telecaster&o=2&ipp=15
Quote by SHAUNYSHAUN1234
Why not just get an SD hot rails or something similar? Humbucker thats fits the size of a single coil slot!

I just had a SD lil'59 fitted in my tele and sounds really good. Almost les paulish but on a diet. Obviously i have lost some of the tele twang though.

I did the same thing on a tele-copy that I have. Put a SD Li'l 59 in there. Perfect fit. It still has some of the twang, but has a hell of a crunch now. Nice, higher output without sounding harsh.

As far as the Fender Custom HH, I have one of those, and personally I wouldn't do a thing to change it. Pearly Gates and a '59... guitar sounds beautiful as is.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Last edited by Hakael at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by Hakael
I did the same thing on a tele-copy that I have. Put a SD Li'l 59 in there. Perfect fit. It still has some of the twang, but has a hell of a crunch now. Nice, higher output without sounding harsh.

As far as the Fender Custom HH, I have one of those, and personally I wouldn't do a thing to change it. Pearly Gates and a '59... guitar sounds beautiful as is.

that looks sexy, i may have to get a tele with a Li'l 59 in now
You can have a look at the Framus Renegade Pro, it has dual humbuckers. Those are splittable, so you can get a single coil sound, too (Yeah I know, a real single coil sounds better, but anyway).
http://www.framus.de/modules/produkte/produkt.php?submenuID=21340&katID=11047&cl=EN

It's hard (a.k.a. impossible) to find one of these outside of Europe though. Alternatively, I'd just go for a thinline tele and install a humbucker sized P-90 in the neck position. Seymour Duncan and Gibson offer such pickups.

EDIT: Or do what Hakael said.