Ah! Yes I have played guitar for almost two years so this isnt a completely noob question.. I always have played acoustic and it doesn't go out of tune that much.

My electric though (epiphone les paul goldtop '56 reissue) will go out of tune easily after I tune it up. It isnt a sh*t guitar.. but how can I fix this?

Is it the stock tuners at the top that I have to replace?

Any recommendations for good ones?

Thanks.
I'd recommend some Grover tuners, I have them on my Epiphone Dot and they hold a tune really well.
Our band could be your life

Epic Fail.
Epiphones arent always made with the best parts, so it could be 1 of several things.

It could be that the strings need to be replaced. If the strings are old they sometimes will fall out of tune.

The strings could be dirty, which adds weight to the string, possibly causing it to go out of tune.

The tuning mechanisms may be needed to be cleaned.

Because it is an Epiphone, if it has some mileage on it, it wont age well. Other guitars, such as Fender and Gibson could possibly grow stronger because of the age, but an Epiphone wont. Try cleaning and if needed, change the strings.
*Grover tuners is what i would go with if you need to replace them*
I have heard there are problems with some stock tuners in epiphones.

You're not talking about it going out of tune while the strings are stretching?
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Quote by uvq
umm buying a gibson would fix that problem

I wouldn't say that... I've had problems with the tuning stability on my LP studio, the stock Gibson tuners aren't anything brilliant. Possibly lesser quality than the Grovers that come on a lot of Epis, actually.
Quote by uvq
umm buying a gibson would fix that problem

So he could end up with a tone like yours?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
So he could end up with a tone like yours?

+ridiculously high number.

His tone is awful.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Are your strings very old or very new?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
To answer some questions

Fairly new strings - maybe 2 weeks?
Stock Tuners (I believe this is the problem)
And it is going out of tune as I play. I will tune it then play some and it will be out of tune.

I think I'm gonna look into the Grover tuners.

Any further suggestions after this info?
After two weeks, the strings should be stretched out, i would guess. I've just gotten bad sets of strings before that couldn't stay in tune well, though.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
Try restringing it like this first: http://www.stringthis.com/howtostringu.html

What tuners are on there now?

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

also make sure its strung right. if it was done incorrectly, it'll go out of tune quickly
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
you could try tuning loosening the strings to take out the tension then try retuning...maybe then they'll hold a tune better...new strings always help but they take a few tunes to stay in tune when there still stretching at first
generally tuning problems are due to not knowing how to put the string on the guitar properly
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.