I have a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR with EMG's (I love it, by the way), and I picked it up to play yesterday and the bridge pickup was dead. I usually have the switch turned to just the bridge pickup, but I got a very weak sound. Then I switched it to the neck pickup and it worked fine. It wasn't the battery, I tried switching that.

Any suggestions?
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR / Fender American Strat
Boss GT-8 Effects Processor
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Peavey JSX 212
Yeah I checked all three knobs, tone and volume.
Gear:
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Peavey JSX 212
check pickup height, **** with the knob, sometimes they get messed up and you have to jiggle it a bunch to make it sound right, my friends gibson is like that.
Yeah it doesn't jiggle.
Gear:
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Peavey JSX 212
emgs have a quick release cable to switch to other emg pickups SO take your pickup out and see if it came loose
yeah i took out the pickup and disconnected and reconnected the wire, that's not the problem. it's starting to look like the pickup died
Gear:
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Peavey JSX 212
^ change the battery. its easier than inspecting the pickups and stuff
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Well I took out the pickup and it turns out there was some residue on the pickup connector. So I cleaned it off and now it works fine. I took the opportunity to restring and clean the guitar since I don't have the strings out of the Floyd Rose bridge very often. Thanks for all the help.
Gear:
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Peavey JSX 212
Wow this is frustrating I fixed it three days ago and now the problem is back again, now that I've restrung the guitar and everything. I'm considering getting a new bridge pickup, as I have an EMG-85 in the neck slot and an EMG-81 in the bridge slot. Should I get a new -81, try to fix mine again, or go for a different type? Any suggestions?
Gear:
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Peavey JSX 212
Quote by distortThis
Wow this is frustrating I fixed it three days ago and now the problem is back again, now that I've restrung the guitar and everything. I'm considering getting a new bridge pickup, as I have an EMG-85 in the neck slot and an EMG-81 in the bridge slot. Should I get a new -81, try to fix mine again, or go for a different type? Any suggestions?

In all your posts you still haven't changed the effing battery have you?!
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Quote by umbrellacorp
In all your posts you still haven't changed the effing battery have you?!

You obviously didn't bother to read the original post in its entirety! The last line says "It isn't the battery. I tried switching that"
Quote by i_am_metalhead
You obviously didn't bother to read the original post in its entirety! The last line says "It isn't the battery. I tried switching that"

irony, look at his sig xD

am i racist if when i read the herman li part but in my head without thinking of it said herman ri xD
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Maybe you just sucked and it didn't want to experience the pain anymore?

I was joking

Try the Battery.
Quote by i_am_metalhead

missed that
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Quote by umbrellacorp
missed that

Don't be sad! lol

I feel like I came off as a dick and thats not at all what my intentions were... I was just trying to point out that he stated he already tried switching the battery.