I am beginning to start to mess around with shredding and I need some good licks. Nothing to extreme just some patterns that are used. I am currently working on triviums shred like me.

thanks.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
Well, shred to me kinda means that its extreme but try the outro licks on Ozzy Osbournes Bark at the Moon, That was one of the first "shred" licks i learned. It's not too hard.
Quote by buzzcut
I am beginning to start to mess around with shredding and I need some good licks. Nothing to extreme just some patterns that are used. I am currently working on triviums shred like me.

thanks.

No offense, but those "shred" licks aren't very useful in my opinion, they're just repeating ascending and descending scales, if you want some shred licks, look up Paul Gilbert's Intense Rock, his licks range from easy to complicated, but if you learn everything there, you'll have a small library of licks to go with.
I'd say that learning some LoveHateHero would help, it's not obscenely difficult fingering, it's just more of the speed, which is important to shredding, and personally i'd reccomend Amity, and Goodbye My Love just because they have good accurate tabs here