So i was planning on buying a 60's blackface Bandmaster head, to A/B with my JTM45. But i'm really being turned off by the idea of 2 half stacks in my room, and i'd like to have a portable combo, i miss having a combo.

Without spending more than the likes of 650 US or thereabouts, what would reccomend me?

I had a Deluxe Reverb RI, so thats a no, I wasnt much of a fan of the DRRI. I'm looking at a Blues Deluxe at the moment or maybe a Silverface Twin Reverb.

I'm also open to other amps, i just want an amp with great cleans, the overdrive means nothing to me.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Last edited by igotabcrich32 at Jul 9, 2008,
Why do you want a fender combo if you already have one?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178
Why do you want a fender combo if you already have one?

I dont have one.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Don't get a Blues Deluxe, or any of the Hot Rod series for that matter, if you're looking for great cleans. They sound pretty sterile. I'd say go for an old Silverface Twin Reverb off ebay or someplace like that. They're not terribly expensive.

BTW, how do you like your Vanamps Reverb pedal? I'm going to need a reverb when I (hopefully) buy a Ceriatone 36 watt.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Ah, I see what you did there.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178
Ah, I see what you did there.

If you mean the editing, i havent edited anything besides adding that i didnt like the DRRI. I'm still not sure what your talking about.

and the Vanamps is great. Its not cheap (cost me 200 used, which is a bit less than it normally runs for) but worth every penny. It sounds fantastic, and adds more to my tone than just reverb. It adds sort of a brightness along with reverb to my JTM45, and i've come to not like the tone much without the pedal.
I think a Twin is only borderline portable, but if you're looking at amps that size, a used Super Reverb or Bassman Combo might work well for you. Ampeg is worth looking into, too.

And if it's just cleans you're after, test driving a JC-120 might not be a bad idea, either.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Twins are bloody heavy. A head and a 2x12 cab is probably just as easy to transport.