Page 1 of 2
Currently I have a

Guitars:
Yamaha EG 112, Agile AL-3000

Effects:
Boss DD3 (delay), BF3(flanger), SD1 (OD), RC-2 (loop), Fuzz face, Vox wah pedal and a Danelectro FAB distortion.

My Amp is a Fender FM25DSP. I don't really like it, and I have barely used it. I have had it for maybe 6 months and I think I am just tired of it :/ The only reason I bought it was because it was in my price range, within 25-30 watts, and had a bunch of effects (I never planned on buying pedals, and I was very wrong)

ANyways I want a tube amp. Looking to spend around <$350.

I play mostly RHCP, at the drive-in/sparta/mars volta type music and more punk stuff (such as blink-182)

I dont need an amp with effects other than reverb really. I mostly play in my bed room/house. Occasionally Ill play with friends and need to be heard with drums in the backround. Im guessing anywhere from 15-25w will do?

I played with a blues junior (they are discontinued right?) today (the only tube combo amp that my store had) and I liked it, but then again I cant really hate something if I only play with it for 10 min :/

What do you all recommend?
Vox normally does well for punk. Although, Marshall will give you the best versatility for more expanded sound.

I wouldnt recommend any blues series Fender to play punk.
NO
NO
NO

Used Peavey Classic 30
Blues junior would do you fine 2.

The Valvetronix isn't bad for what you'd be playing, but those 2 amps are BETTER
Classic 30
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by Highwaytohell
NO
NO
NO

Used Peavey Classic 30
Blues junior would do you fine 2.

The Valvetronix isn't bad for what you'd be playing, but those 2 amps are BETTER

+ a lot
Classic 30 would be fantastic
the only place for classic 30's (in my price range atleast) is just ebay and possibly craigslist?
Quote by bboyjon
the only place for classic 30's (in my price range atleast) is just ebay and possibly craigslist?

But That's the best place to get them!
besides a used peavey classic, are there any other amps in my price range that will do the job (dont get me wrong from what Ive seen i really like the classic 30 buy yeah I want more options )?
yah you could definately get a used flextone for 300 easy.
Crates would be good to like the guy said a v33 or v50.
Id go with the crate cause its got better cleans definately, the Line 6 dirty models on the flextone are frieken killer.
Peavey Classic 30 or Laney VC30 112.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
Good suggestions in here. If you can find a used Palomino, they're really good for what you want, and probably come a little cheaper. The Classic 30 is always a great option, and readily available on the used market.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
wow I am very surprised to see that there are no reviews (in the review section here on UG) for the v33 and v50 even on youtube there are little to no videos :/

How are they? the 50 is more in my price range
The V33 has 4 EL84's making more like the Classic 30, British tones. The V50 has 2 6L6's making it more "fenderish", American tones. Of the two, I think the 33 would be more up your alley. But it's all a matter of preference, only your ears can decide.
Classic 30's on craigslist, or any amp for that matter. I would as well look for the Palomino V32 used. Both are good amps for what you want to do, buying off craigslist only saves you about 40-50% of the new price. So why not?
Traynor YCV50 would be good too, if you can find one used.
The Crate V series is relatively newer to the market, thus not as many videos and reviews.
no cool amps around my area on craigslist

on ebay there are a few 33's and several 50s

Anyone know of any videos/sound clips of them?
Wish i would have paid more attention this weekend. Some guy was playing RHCP at GC and it sounded spot on but i never glanced over to see what amp he was playing... But also the store was filled with Matchless, Orange and a whole lotta other high dollar amps so it probably wouldnt have mattered anyway...
how is musiciansfriend financing? Is it good? Ive never used anything credit related, all I use is my debit card.

Say if I bought a $400+ amp today, I could probably pay it off within a month-month and a half. It'll probably take about 2 pay checks

Anyone ever use the musiciansfriend platinum card/financing deal?
my friend bought one of those crate v33s a few months ago and its pretty much right up your alley. for the price you cant beat it. when i fist heard it i was really impressed. He plays a lot of rhcp and this amp is just amazing. i was a little skeptical with it being a crate and everything but it is just awesome. The tone possibilities are endless and i like it way more then my Marshall. I've played around with it a lot cause usually after our band practices he just leaves it at my house so i have my fun. its definitely worth it. those vox ac30s are awesome too but they are kinda hard to find on ebay for cheap every time i look for them.. could just be bad luck...

good luck!
Guitars
White Gibson 61' SG Reissue
Sunburst Airline 3PDLX
Gibson Les Paul Special
Amps
Marshall 50w JCM 800 with 1960AX Cab
Fender Deluxe Reverb
EHX Stereo Pulsar<Dunlop Rotovibe<MXR Flanger<EHX Big Muff
Quote by bboyjon
how is musiciansfriend financing? Is it good? Ive never used anything credit related, all I use is my debit card.

Say if I bought a $400+ amp today, I could probably pay it off within a month-month and a half. It'll probably take about 2 pay checks

Anyone ever use the musiciansfriend platinum card/financing deal?

If it's anything like their sister company of GC, the 12 months same as cash would be great for you. However, the interest rate on regular credit is insanely high.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I could still do the 3 month thing right? I dont think I need a 12 month plan

So would it be better to get a classic 30 or the crate v33? (probably wont buy a used one :/ unless I can find a sweet deal)
does anyone know any good videos of people comparing solid state amps and tube amps?

I really want a tube amp, but honestly I dont think I can tell a real difference between the two :/

Like I said in my original post, I liked the blues junior but I only played with it for a few min so yeah
Well i was just asking based more on the fact that its cheaper

but yeah so I dont think I got approved for the musiciansfriend credit thing

Thank you for applying

You can view this content electronically for 90 days from the application date by visiting the Already Applied page.

REF: 080710217541

MER: Musician's Friend Platinum Member

DEAR: JONATHAN S CARDENAS

THANK YOU FOR APPLYING FOR A CREDIT ACCOUNT FOR USE AT THE ABOVE MERCHANT. UNFORTUNATELY, WE ARE UNABLE TO APPROVE YOUR CREDIT APPLICATION AT THIS TIME DUE TO THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

USE OF CREDIT

AGE OF CREDIT

LIMITED SATISFACTORY CREDIT HISTORY

is it because I have no credit history at all?
yes, probably due to no credit history.
ask a parent to do it for you, and reassure them you will pay it your self.
and if your under 18 that will do it too
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
eh then yeah must be the credit history since im 19

oh well I should be able to pay it off with one check next week, I just wish that I didnt have to :/

but yeah how cheap can I find peavey classics or crate v33's on ebay? Anyone here get one off ebay?
I have seen the crates for $275 on craigslist. (V33 or V50) Peavey classics usually go for $300 to $375 depending on seller/condition of amp. I don't use ebay - I live in a largely populated area with lots of sob stories selling amps. spine.surfs had a V33 head so he could tell you how it sounded.
Oh yea, you should see this if you haven't.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-z_qNNcVz8

Edit: As far as the V18-112, best amp you can buy new for $329.00.... Period.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You may be able to get the Peavey Classic 30's for just under 300, like 275 or so. I've seen them at that range lately.

I hope I don't. I really hope I don't... I have GAS pains.
Quote by X&Y
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30w-1x10-Guitar-Combo-Amp-102640802-i1145735.gc

With an effects pedal for distortion, it should be good for you.

valvetronix is not a tube amp
valvetronix + distortion pedal = sloppy, muddy tone.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
alright, I guess Ill just start looking for v33's and classic 30's

If anyone has a v33 and has soundclips or somethin they would be much appreciated
Page 1 of 2