hey how can this amp do classic rock wise, on the od channel at normal volumes, and on the 25 watt setting of the 50 watt (head or combo) cranked up
i know it can reach thrash gain levels, and its great for modern rock and cleans, but i'm just wondering how well it does classic/hard rock
thanks
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Well, if this amp can reach ridiculous gain amounts, plug in a guitar with moderate output pickups (alnico II is good for that) so that the lower output pickups will counterbalance the gain highness of the amp, slash used it to good results with his setup. Put the gain at lower than 10 with the same lower output pickups and you will more than probably hear a nice rock tone ya !
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Quote by Gutch220
I thought you bought one of these already?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3367938

nah not yet, check the sig
and yes i'm aware that i've made about 103789e812039475812341230947098 threads on the jcm 900, but i don't think i've specifically asked how it does classic rock yet
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I know Page&HammettFan uses a JCM900 for all his Zep covers and other classic rock stuff and he sounds great with the amp. So you could maybe ask him, of course he can also nail the covers note for note so the tone doesn't have to be close, but his profile has some nice MP3's of the amp.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Isn't the 800 more expensive?
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
I think that any Marshall JCM should be able to do Classic Rock, but I'm not too much of a Marshall fan. (I got a bad taste in my mouth from my MG)

I did get some ****ing awesome tones out of a JCM 2000 super lead combo. I played it at guitar center with my explorer.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
+1 acdc

That or maybe a Ceriatone JCM800 or plexi.

a old traynor would be good to
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I play out of a jcm900 100watter and I think it gets a decent classic rock sound if ya play with your settings a bit and only turn the gain up to 10 not past that sooo...
Treble - 5
Mid - 4-6
Bass - 4-6
Presence - 7(you could really play with that)
Gain - 10

It works on mine for a more classic sound
Crank the clean channel and get a tube screamer to boost it. Classic Zep/Sabbath all the way!
'68 RI LP Custom
'90 JCM900 4100 + EQ & Boost