Nope. Sorry.

The logic was that some people are on dial-up and it'd make pages take forever to load.
Quote by smb
Nope. Sorry.

The logic was that some people are on dial-up and it'd make pages take forever to load.

People are still on dial-up? 0_o
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by shredder.cheese
They were when it was decided not to allow images. Actually at least one of the mods here uses dial-up still.
i have dial up still...

cuz i live down the street from amish people.
and the companies don't run the cable down the road. :\
Quote by shredder.cheese

AOL ftw yo!

no, not really.... if it were up to me, we wouldn't, but my parents don't EVER get on internet, and they're like, "Why do we need to pay extra!!!!! AOL is JUST FINE!!!!"
O O

___
i'm not on dialup but even on my connection, pages with a lot of images take a while to load and quite frankly, forums which allow images in signatures are damn annoying, it breaks up the flow of a thread much more than a text signature does. people in many different areas do not have the luxury of a lightning fast connection and we want UG to be pleasant to browse for as many people as possible. an avatar is enough on the forums, you can put any other images you like in your profile.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by divid3d
i'm not on dialup but even on my connection, pages with a lot of images take a while to load and quite frankly, forums which allow images in signatures are damn annoying, it breaks up the flow of a thread much more than a text signature does. people in many different areas do not have the luxury of a lightning fast connection and we want UG to be pleasant to browse for as many people as possible. an avatar is enough on the forums, you can put any other images you like in your profile.

Ok, fair enough.

Thanks for all of the responses.