mmmk im new here so cut me some slack if its in the wrong forum or somethin.

alrite so recently i bought a fender telecaster (love that thing to death) and i have only one problem with it. its got fret buzz on the seventh fret. the strange thing is its only on the first string and the second string if i bend it toward the first string.

i tried raising the bridge a bit and (i was really scared to do this) i loosened up the truss rod a bit. its still there. any help is greatly appreciated
Now, What you want to do is loosen the truss rod as much as possible, allowing the G string to act as a bowstring. With that you can mow down your contenders at a talent show with arrows.
Cmaj9add4add6(b13)(b5)
your nut cut might be low for that string.

you can measure the neck relief if you want too.

http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/trussrods.htm
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i haven't changed the strings yet, its still the factory strings. i plan on switching to lights so hopefully that will get rid of some of it.

and i really don't want to mess around with the truss rod cause i never really touched that thing on my old piece o' crap target guitar. so i really don't want to mess with it any more.

also i heard that messing with the string height messes up the intonation. would it be really that big of a deal or could i mess with it a bit and not have to worry all that much
if you switch to lights it'll get worse.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ya i wasnt thinkin logically for a second. i knew thicker made it better but i was just thinkin that thinner strings would have a less chance of hitting the fret.

and ya i did that thing where you fret the first fret and the last fret and there was no room between the string and the fret so i loosened the truss rod. so far it worked. thanks for the help people!