Alright, so I got a black Epiphone G-310 a while back and have been planning to customize it to my needs/taste. I have a Gibson Dirty Fingers pickup in the bridge position and it sounds great. The thing is, I never use my neck pickup and would like to take it out, along with it's corresponding knobs and the pickup switch. I would go ahead and do this but there would be holes everywhere and that would look horrendous. I can't find an appropriate pick guard (one without the neck pup cut out) and i don't have a clue how to go about covering the holes left from removing the knobs and the switch. Anyone have any clue where to find a pick guard for the G-310 that would have only the bridge pickup cutout?

Also, please don't reply with anything condemning me for wanting only one pickup. It won't get anyone anywhere.

Here's a link to a pic of the G-310:
http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/7/5/6/274756.jpg

Thanks!
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
i didnt feel like buying a new pickguard for my strat when i took out everything but the bridge pickup so i just threw black tape over all the holes.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
i didnt feel like buying a new pickguard for my strat when i took out everything but the bridge pickup so i just threw black tape over all the holes.

I'm looking for a cleaner finish too it, lol.
you could always buy blank pickguard material and cut out your own shape.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
you could always buy blank pickguard material and cut out your own shape.

Yeah I considered that too...just wanted to see if anyone knew where I could find a pick guard that would work. I've looked all over and can't find one...guess I'll have to make my own..thanks
Yeah I had been planning on extending the pick guard down to the knobs if I made my own. I like that but I guess I'd be going for a more...classic(?) styling. I haven't got that figured out completely. More pick guard styling ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Not going to find a premade 310 pickguard with just a bridge pickup hole. Never seen epi make one. And usually regular SG stuff wont fit the asian made guitars. The measurements and screws tend be off in some way or another. Your gonna have to buy a blank and make it yourself.
I also have an Epiphone G-310.

Problem you will hit is the extra controls. You really dont have a choice but to make your own pickgaurd and extend it down to the controls. Understanding you only want one pickup, which I find is a wonderful look, you will have three controls that you dont need, assuming you want one volume and one tone. There will be the empty hole from the two neck pots as well as another hole from the three way switch.

Truly, I believe, your only option if you want a clean looking guitar, is to either stick with the two pickup configuration, or do as another poster recommended which was to buy a blank and cut your own. Warmoth.com sells blanks.
you could sand it down fill in the holes with dowels cut a piece of wood to fill in the pickup hole and then bondo over it all

its a little much but to me that kind of stuff is fun ... if you have the time and money
my gear:
Jackson Roads Pro
Gibson Explorer Pro
Fender American P-bass
Squire P-bass
Fender rumble 300 bass amp
Peavey 6505 head
Marshall special edition red cab
Thanks everyone, I'll probably end up buying a blank and making my own pick guard. And I considered keabler's idea, but i think I'd like to leave the changes reversible. Thanks again.
If you have the money you can buy an Epiphone SG Special body. There is usually some on ebay. They only have 1 vol. , 1 tone & pickup selector. You could use the neck & other parts you have. Several sellers that sell pickguards on ebay cut them themselves & can make anything you want. You could then sell the G-310 body and break even and have the guitar you've been wanting.
melt the pup surounds
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
You should put a sustainer in the neck position. It should save you a lot of time and you won't have to go through the trouble of getting rid of the neck pickup all together.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s