hey i started playin guitar(eletric) in feburary and i was wondering how foot petals help im pretty sure the add destortion and i was wandering what else the do to the sound?

thanks
now theres your problem you bought a line 6 (shakes head), I even own one and I think they suck. footpedals do nothing but they do allow you to change the channel you are using
Quote by GnR_ROK
Words for describing the ladies subtly

Damage - bit of alright
Major damage - bloody fit
Damage has been done - older fit bird
minor damage - fit but you would be arrested for it
collateral damage - ugly bird with fit mates
are you talking about just normal effects pedals or the foot controllers for line 6 amps?
now theres your problem you bought a line 6 (shakes head), I even own one and I think they suck. footpedals do nothing but they do allow you to change the channel you are using

What line 6 amp do you have? i have the flextone III and i love it, and the foot controller lets you toggle the compressor, modulation, reverb and delay effects on and off, as well as changing channels.

Unless you have a spider, in which case there's YOUR problem (shakes head)
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Last edited by sixstringsteve at Jul 9, 2008,
Quote by sixstringsteve
are you talking about just normal effects pedals or the foot controllers for line 6 amps?

I think he's on about the foot controllers
Quote by GnR_ROK

Damage - bit of alright
Quote by sixstringsteve

What line 6 amp do you have? i have the flextone III and i love it, and the foot controller lets you toggle the compressor, modulation, reverb and delay effects on and off, as well as changing channels.

Unless you have a spider, in which case there's YOUR problem (shakes head)

damn it I do have the spider, even I'm ashamed of myself for owning it so please I don't need anymore guilt.

what's the flextone like?
Quote by GnR_ROK

Damage - bit of alright
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo even i would say buy new amp, i own spider amp and they SUCK
Quote by GnR_ROK

Damage - bit of alright
This is the cancer that is killing UG.

*walks off*
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Depending on your budget and what sort of wattage are you after?
Quote by GnR_ROK

Damage - bit of alright
Quote by longhorntex6
what do you suggest on a new amp

I would suggest that you give me a budget and the styles you like to play.

Also, it would be nice to use some grammar. I can tell that GA education isn't really working out for you, is it?
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
If you just started in febuary you don't need a new anything. When I started I messed around for almost a month with "all the dials" til it dawned on me what good is tone if i can't play? Set everything at 12 o'clock and didn't touch anything except the volume for a year. Learn to play first you'll be glad you did.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Will a compressor (like the MXR Dyna Comp or similar) make any difference when running through a spider?
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by ma_tt11
Will a compressor (like the MXR Dyna Comp or similar) make any difference when running through a spider?

for the billionth time, chances are it will only make the amp sound even more lifeless, and it will drain your wallet
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I made a demo of what a Spider sounds like with a pedal. It's in my profile, take a look if you want.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?