Hey guys, just started to play guitar about 3-4 hrs ago (haha) somebody told me this was a great site to learn how to play.
I'll be playing guitar and make an effort and try to become worthy enough to have the guitarist label.

quick question:

am i suppose to get raw fingertips/blisters?
Quote by Riotblade
Hey guys, just started to play guitar about 3-4 hrs ago (haha) somebody told me this was a great site to learn how to play.
I'll be playing guitar and make an effort and try to become worthy enough to have the guitarist label.

quick question:

yes and i would suggust you go introduce yourself to the new members section.
I like to jerk off to grow calouses to make it not hurt when I play guitar.

I got a tuff p3n0r
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
If you play to hard or too long, then yes you might get some raw fingers.
Your fingers will toughen up with practice.

MC name = Bearrorism
yeah, itll hurt for a couple of weeks, but then itll start to get better once your fingers get used to it.

you should post in the newb forum by the way if you have any questions about anything.
yea they will get better...but some advice to you....never come back to the pit again if you really wanna learn from this site...this place ruins you
I'll be honest I only came to this thread cause I thought it said you were Mew but yes that is normal for you finger tips to get like that.
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul standard

Amp: Peavey 6505 halfstack

Effects: Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Boss ML-2 Metal Core
Digitech Whammy
3-4 hours and your already in the pit? uh oh...

Pretty much what everyone else said though
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.
Quote by Riotblade
Hey guys, just started to play guitar about 3-4 hrs ago (haha)
That was really funny. My sides are splitting.
Quote by The Madcap
That was really funny. My sides are splitting.

Last edited by ibanez for life at Jul 9, 2008,
This section of the forum is very immature, non helpful, and full of testosterone. I suggest you ask other forums :P
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Congrats, you are now also trapped in the Pit, just like the rest of us. After about a month (when your finger tips fall off) you will realize how badly you've erred by coming to the Pit before the helpful parts of the site.
This is the non guitar forum, so you should probably go to the newb forum or the electric guitar forum.
go to Electric Guitar forum, or the Guitar basics forum, or the acoustic forum. The pit is where you ask questions about sex, drugs, and the Lol Wut Pear.
SaturatEdit: But nice to meet you and good luck.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute
SX stratocaster
MIA Fender Stratocaster
Vox AD50 Vox AC15C1 Vox AC30CC2X Laney LH50r
Guitar>Joe Bonamossa Crybaby > AquaPuss> Sparkle Drive> Green Rhino> DejaVibe> Amplifier
CROWN VIC
Quote by tr3nt
This section of the forum is very immature, non helpful, and full of testosterone. I suggest you ask other forums :P

+1
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Well, You should give up any hope of learn how to play the guitar and become worthy of being called a guitarist, cos you just entered The Pit.
At first everything seems cool, and you even venture into other forums, but days will start to pass and you will only come to The Pit, and one day you'll realize that you havent played guitar in months and you dont give a crap about the other forums, so yeah, welcome.
All your hopes and dreams of mastering guitar and becoming famous have been crushed by the mistake of clicking the link to The Pit.
Quote by Just_Matt
Well, You should give up any hope of learn how to play the guitar and become worthy of being called a guitarist, cos you just entered The Pit.
At first everything seems cool, and you even venture into other forums, but days will start to pass and you will only come to The Pit, and one day you'll realize that you havent played guitar in months and you dont give a crap about the other forums, so yeah, welcome.

Oh god! it's so true Where did my life go!? Where did it go?!
Quote by Pr3vieWX360
3-4 hours and your already in the pit? uh oh...

Pretty much what everyone else said though

Lol that is what happened to me when I joined.. now I'm addicted Happily though... Is it bad to be happily addicted to the pit? I THINK NOT

E Chord:
e-0-
B-0-
G-1-
D-2-
A-2-
E-0-

A Chord:
e-0-
B-2-
G-2-
D-2-
A-0-
E-0-

G Chord:
e-3-
B-0-
G-0-
D-0-
A-2-
E-3-

Now you're a guitarist.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by tr3nt

depends on what you're looking for

Sex?Drugs?A good laugh?

we gotcha covered (even though you laugh you lose sucks nowadays)
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
Quote by Riotblade

quick question:

They lied.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Yes, you can't call yourself a guitarist until your fingers have literally bled from playing so much. (i'm not kidding)
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE