Well i just saw the Aggrolites and i think theyre great, so why not make a thread eh? They play a lot of Clash songs live and are obviously punk influenced, so I put it here.
What do you guys think of them?
also, as stupid as it sounds, what exactly does Aggrolite mean?
I like em.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
aggro:
a term that has been used for decades by surfers and other water-headed types to describe someone who is overly and unesscessarily agressive, competitive, or assinine whilst in the water. prolonged exposure to the aggro can ruin even the best session, so "deal" with them immediately (read: choke with your leash then return to your state of zen-like calm once they are dead)
urban dictionary
EDIT:
****ing awesome band
Dick+strings= owww
there is a song called time to get tough or times are getting tough
anyways its an awesome jam
I havent' heard a shred of punk in any of their music. All the songs from them I've heard have been bad reggae songs.
Quote by RiotRiotUpstart
I havent' heard a shred of punk in any of their music. All the songs from them I've heard have been bad reggae songs.

They're like a throwback to 2tone

Anyway, I like them a lot and the song after which this thread is named is a very good one.

They're one of the only bands on Warped this year I would be at all interested in seeing.
If Warped wasn't a horrible hot, expensive, and largely lame festival I would totally go to it and watch the Aggrolites.

I hope they come 'round me in a non festival venue...
Quote by sargasm
They're like a throwback to 2tone

Which is why they're staying in this forum
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Well live they cover several Clash songs, and to me punk and reggae go hand in hand.
And yeah i saw them at Warped and will definetly go see them when they arent hindered by 30 minute time limits.
Against Me! were great even though they mostly did new stuff. It also bothered me a bit that they didnt talk to the crowd the entire time. It may just be me, but it made me feel like they didnt want to be there as much as they should. All the other bands were like MAKE SOME F*CKIN NOISE ATLANTA!!! all the time.
Quote by FunkyFire
Well live they cover several Clash songs, and to me punk and reggae go hand in hand.
And yeah i saw them at Warped and will definetly go see them when they arent hindered by 30 minute time limits.
Against Me! were great even though they mostly did new stuff. It also bothered me a bit that they didnt talk to the crowd the entire time. It may just be me, but it made me feel like they didnt want to be there as much as they should. All the other bands were like MAKE SOME F*CKIN NOISE ATLANTA!!! all the time.

Yeah ya know, cuz Reaggae is hella slow and trippy, and Punk is too ya know
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by FuzzyBear
ok

so a hot water music thread gets closed but the aggrolites stays.......

Go cry about it. Pussy.
Quote by FuzzyBear
ok

I agree. I have no problem with an Aggrolites thread staying here, but it's kinda ridiculous that the HWM thread was closed. Maybe I'm just biased cause HWM is one of my favorite bands, but still.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
I'm mainly going to see Warped Tour because of them.

I know this is ironic coming from someone with a Propagandhi signature. Completely unpunx of me.

EDIT: Aggro definitely deserves this forum, but I don't see why HWM was closed.... people consider them pop punk or hardcore something? Don't understand that.
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
they're not bad, only heard a few songs though
I'd just like to say I fall into the 5% of us on this site who aren't metalheads.

I am UG's resident Communist.
I had no problem with HWM being here. Don't know much about them anyway.

We need to implement consensus-based collectivized moderation.
Quote by JustMimes
I'm mainly going to see Warped Tour because of them.

I know this is ironic coming from someone with a Propagandhi signature. Completely unpunx of me.

EDIT: Aggro definitely deserves this forum, but I don't see why HWM was closed.... people consider them pop punk or hardcore something? Don't understand that.

I don't know, I've only heard a few songs by Hot Water Music, and the only songs I did hear kind of sounded like Emo, ya know like that band Jawbreaker
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by FuzzyBear
ok

Maybe cause the Aggrolites are ska?