Hey guys, this is my first post and I wanna say Hey =D

Anyway, ive been playing for about 6 months and own two guitars. I bought one of the Epiphone Special II starter packs, and I enjoyed it so far. I wish I would of known about rondomusic.com back then, but thats a different story.

But the fret buzzing has been getting worse and worse. I wasnt really in the market for another guitar since I had recently bough a Yamaha F335 acoustic. So, I took to guitar center and got it set up. It sounds better, but the guy told me I have a very dry fret board and said I need to start applying lemon oil (Which I didn't even realize to do..).. But anyway, my fret board is very dry and had a slight warp. It was adjusted, but still is very dry. So, I have a couple questions.

1. How often should I apply lemon oil to the guitar?
2. How much do I put on?
3. Is the neck dry-ness fixable or did I just mess up me guitar? Hopefully it is.

I also have another question, can anyone recomend some strings for my Yamaha F335? Im assuming some martin strings would work well, but any suggestions? Its brand new, and should I apply some oil on it as soon as I got it or wait some time?
Last edited by CrackerJack465 at Jul 9, 2008,
you should get a new guitar instead of spending so much time with this one.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Ya I meant fret board.. not neck.. CHanged that my bad

I mean... I don't really want to get another guitar. I mean, it still sounds alright for a beginner. I really dont want to invest more into another guitar for atleast another year or two.
I use this uh...What is it...Yeah, it's this Ernie Ball Wonder Wipes fret conditioner. It's the best, man. I'll assume you have a rosewood fingerboard, also. All you do is wipe the fret board down, let it dry for a few minutes, and buff your actual frets (the silver things), and it makes it SO much smoother to play. As for strings, is it a classical? Or a plan acoustic?

EDIT: Also, forgot to say hi
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
wall...of...text...cant...understand....

in all seriousness i heard lemon oil can be bad for the fretboard. i suggest the dunlop cleaning/careing kit. there is a fretboard conditioner that can be of use
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Apply lemon oil,and no it won't hurt the guitar.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Aah.. great help =D I didnt know it dried out the wood... Ill order a conditioner now, thanks =D