It's really annoying, it's only on the high strings on the high frets really, but still I play up there a lot so it makes me kinda mad. How do I stop the noise?
Gear:

2004 PRS Swamp Ash Special
Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
ya mine does that too. i found it only does it with certain picks, so if you havent already try using a different kind
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
Try using a thinner pick and less gain on you amp. That's what I did and it reduced these source of annoyance.
Don't pick over the pickup, but you'll never get rid of it completely unless you use a felt pick or something.
You can't really get rid of it, but to reduce it, you can try using the very tip of your pick, higher gauge strings, less gain, less treble, more bass and such, but there's nothing you can really do it entirely get rid of it.
uhhh... ure title is very misleading and makes you sound like a noob, cuz isnt thats what suppose to happen?
But i do know what ure talkin about. You should try different picks I.E. sizes, thikness, etc.
Unles its technique, which is unlikely. Can u describe it? Maybe ure getting a pinch harmonic on accident or somethinggg.(doubt that too though)
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute
SX stratocaster
MIA Fender Stratocaster
Vox AD50 Vox AC15C1 Vox AC30CC2X Laney LH50r
Guitar>Joe Bonamossa Crybaby > AquaPuss> Sparkle Drive> Green Rhino> DejaVibe> Amplifier
CROWN VIC
You can also fix the problem with your left hand, too. If you fret the note a bit more gently, kind of finesse it, it helps the problem.

That's harder to do though and is something you have to develop.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by BluMetalPlayer
i like that sound... it makes me feel like the guitar has more power

That's the spirit!

I actually use it a lot in my playing. I use the little "twang" of the pick hitting the string to accent certain notes, but I mostly play blues so I know it only works for that.

Otherwise, try using jazz picks. I use Dunlop Jazz III's occasionally when I want to reduce pick noise (and a warmer sound), and it works pretty well.

On the other hand, I also use Dunlop Tortex Sharps when I want to accent pick noise.

I think picks have a pretty big impact on tone and sound, and they're really cheap so don't be afraid to experiment with all kinds of different picks.
crazy talking animals
I personally like that sound - It gives me an almost raw sounding tone.
Quote by BluMetalPlayer
i like that sound... it makes me feel like the guitar has more power

Me agrees. Me agrees!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Yes pic does have a big impact on the sound you're producing. Try usubg Herdim pics.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
slow down on the treble?
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
If you move your pickups away from the strings it should help a little. If moving the pickups further away makes them too weak then you could get heavier strings to drive the pickups more.
Not taking any online orders.
Finger pick.

All the time.

Every style.

/thread
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Quote by ShredtoBed
Finger pick.

All the time.

Every style.

/thread

ha
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
In addition to the people above, I love it too. It's ace for playing blues and stuff.

Yeah!
Cam Sampbell's my hero