so i just bought a gibson 57 lp goldtop and it has the bustbucker pickups. i thought this was odd cuz its supposed to be the VOS reissue of the actual 57 and i thought then shouldnt it have the 57 classics in it instead?
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
No. All the VOS reissues have Burstbuckers in them now, so do most regular Les Pauls. Only the SG '61 Reissue has '57 Classics in it.

I'm not sure but they say that the Burstbuckers are more like PAFs than the '57 Classics. I don't really like them though, I think they're kinda weak compared to the '57 Classics in my SG.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
wow that makes alot of sense on gibsons part
Quote by gatechballer
Quote by thankyougermany
No. All the VOS reissues have Burstbuckers in them now, so do most regular Les Pauls. Only the SG '61 Reissue has '57 Classics in it.

I'm not sure but they say that the Burstbuckers are more like PAFs than the '57 Classics. I don't really like them though, I think they're kinda weak compared to the '57 Classics in my SG.

i might be wrong but aren't '57's in the new les paul traditionals?..
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by thankyougermany
.I'm not sure but they say that the Burstbuckers are more like PAFs than the '57 Classics. I don't really like them though, I think they're kinda weak compared to the '57 Classics in my SG.
Makes sense depending on what BurstBucker model you're talking about. A set of '57 Classic neck and '57 Classic Plus bridge will be hotter than a BurstBucker Pro or BurstBucker #1, about equal to a Burstbucker #2, and a little cooler than a BurstBucker #3

As far as why they're used it's irrelevant now. Gibson are currently marketing all of their pickups as being 'PAF replicas' or similar, which is why they're putting them even in their VOS guitars.

For reference though,a BurstBucker #1 and #2 combination is from a technical point the closest you can get to the old PAFs of the late 50s and early 60s. 57 Classics can be hotter, but are less 'dynamic'.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
thanks, it makes sense now
Quote by gatechballer