I've done quite a bit of modding on my Squier '51 (pick-ups, tuners, bridge), and the only major problem I have left is the intonation is horrible. I can barely get my Low E, A, and D within a few cents, and the G, B, and High E are all over ten cents sharp. I was told to try putting shims between the neck, and the body.

How exactly would I go about this?
Im not sure you are going about this right. You need to adjust your saddles in order to achieve your desired intonation.
I have adjusted the saddles as far as they will go, and all of the strings are still sharp at the 12th fret.
You can move the neck a little without screwing up the bolt placement. And moving the bridge is a far bigger chore than drilling new screw holes for the neck. I have 2 guitars with intonation problems one was flat and wasnt enough adjustment one was sharp with not enough adjustment. One I sanded the heel so it would reduce the distance from the nut no problems now. Ive seen all sorts of stuff used by factories as shims, the strips of plastic used to seal boxes, wood, and even stacked pieces of emory cloth. I like to use automotive feeler gauges. Pretty cheap and come in precision sizes. And the thin ones are flexable. Perfect for the curved heel of a guitar neck. You will have to trim em down as they are to long to go in a neck pocket.
Cool, thanks Tackleberry. I'm hoping that I won't have to drill new holes, but I'm so anal about my intonation that it might just come to that.
You may not need to drill new holes. I have elongated the holes in the body so the neck could be shifted. Made em more of a slot.
I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but it sounds like you might've moved each saddle the wrong way. Did you make sure that when the string was flat you moved the saddle towards the neck and when it was sharp you moved the saddle away from the neck?
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by 6DgOfInTb
I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but it sounds like you might've moved each saddle the wrong way. Did you make sure that when the string was flat you moved the saddle towards the neck and when it was sharp you moved the saddle away from the neck?

i doubt it. He sounds like he's done all he can.
Try lowering the pickups, and if possible, the pole pieces some... one of my voodoo methods for when a guitar won't intonate is to adjust the pickup or pole piece by the affected string(s) slightly to lessen the magnetic pull on the string, thus giving a bit more range for intonation.
Take the screw that threads into the saddle to your local hardware stor and get 6 the same but longer. Sorted.
If you have moved the saddles as far as they will possibly go then the scale length probably isnt correct any more.

I suggest you reset the guitar to what ever its suppose to be 25.5" I imagine, make sure the open strings tune up perfectly instandard tuning and then try adjusting the intonation at the 12th fret again.

It might still be f**ked but its probably worth a go.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by CJRocker
Try lowering the pickups, and if possible, the pole pieces some... one of my voodoo methods for when a guitar won't intonate is to adjust the pickup or pole piece by the affected string(s) slightly to lessen the magnetic pull on the string, thus giving a bit more range for intonation.

that wouldn't affect it at all
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Hello, You said you replaced the bridge. What exactly did you replace, the whole bridge or just the saddles. You might have to cut the springs on the new bridge to bring the saddle back more. The old bridge probably had a smaller springs. I had to cut one spring on mine to get the intonation right.Or you can just use the old springs on the new bridge.
Some guitars just arent made right. I have an epi LP that there wasnt enough adjustment on the TOM bridge even with the saddles flipped. There were still strings that were flat at the 12th. I sanded some of the heel off its fine now. A gotoh TOM bridge sometimes will work as it has a wider intonation adjustment then the ABR TOM bridge. And I have a cheap strat knock off that the low e string is sharp I ended up having to take the spring off the intonation screw and cut the screw down with the saddle almost touching the back of the bridge to get it right.
Quote by rancidryan
that wouldn't affect it at all

Ever tried it? I've done it twice, with success.