Can this be done? I know you can sometimes plug bass guitars into a regular guitar amp and so long as you're not cranking it, the amp can be alright.

So what about electro-acoustics? I know there are amps specially made for acoustics, but do you have to use one of those? Can you damage a normal guitar amp if you try to use it with an electro-acoustic?
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Careful with it, if you get horrendous feedback you can ruin your amp's speaker(s). Other than that, it just won't sound as good as an acoustic amp because it is designed for an electric guitar, and is voiced thusly so.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
i know that i get horrible feedback...
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
I've never gotten any feedback with my acoustic pickups. It's more about the coloring of the sound. I personally don't care for it. You want the cleanest signal you can get. If your interested in 1 thing doing both get a PA mixer with several channels and dedicated instrument imputs. Then you can run an electric guitar and acoustic. Your going to give up a bit of electric tone however. PA's take pedals well, but i think my valve Jr just destroys it for tone and my PA has 2x10's compared to the !x12 of the Valve Junior. it's always a give and take between electric and acoustic. It's typically best to have separate systems.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I can't imagine feedback will be a problem, it won't be that loud anyway.

So basically, it will work fine, it just won't sound so great? Fine with me. So long as it won't damage the amp at all, really that's my only concern.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
the feedback is worse than you'd expect. i sometimes get nasty feedback even when i'm not playing loud. I like how electro-acoustics sound through a fender twin reverb though. i tried it at college a few weeks ago
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.