I remember getting it for a present from my brother like 6 years ago, at that time I was playing guitar for a year but quit after that for about 3. I always got really weird sounds out of it and never had a use for it. What artists use a flanger? Maybe I can put it to some use. I could also try to sell it, how much do you think it's worth UG?

Edit: I also found a Fender digital tuner

It's like xmas!
Not too sure of many others but i know Eddy Van Halen was known to use a little flanger here and there.
SUM LIKE IT LOUD
I LIKE IT LOUDER
Quote by woodenbandman
from that angle you look like my girfriend.
Van Halen uses a Flanger and so does Joe Satriani at times. Check ebay for going prices.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Play halens unchained on it!
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
wooow nice suprise
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by shredder.cheese
Van Halen uses a Flanger and so does Joe Satriani at times. Check ebay for going prices.

I couldn't find the same one on ebay or craigslist.
Well doing a google search I was led to Harmony Central and someone paid $70 for one back in 2006, $40 in Canada in 2000 & $60 AUD in 1996, all used.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by shredder.cheese
Well doing a google search I was led to Harmony Central and someone paid $70 for one back in 2006, $40 in Canada in 2000 & $60 AUD in 1996.

So logic tells me it has risen in value from 2000-2006! Just kidding, and I don't know AUD conversions. I'll probably end up keeping it considering it was a gift.
Quote by smb
That looks great. How does it sound?

I would tell you if I had a DC adapter
I'd keep it because it sounds great and you can't get much value from them, as shown by the guy above.

The fact that it looks so spiffy must be icing on the cake, too.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by JoshRocco
I would tell you if I had a DC adapter
You've gotta have a friend with a Boss pedal!
Quote by smb
You've gotta have a friend with a Boss pedal!

I do, and I may have a DC adapter somewhere in my house, but don't feel like looking right now.

I remember when trying it when I first got it and I remember it sounding really crazy and I didn't like it. But maybe my guitar playing has improved enough that I can find it useful
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Just make sure the adapter you use matches the output of the Boss - look it up on line if you have too.

The back reads "9V DC 40mA" Is that what I'm looking for?
Well...again, maybe check the boss web site as i am not an electrical engineer - but i think that means:

9 volts
Direct Current
40 milli amps

i think, and you can usually add or subtract 10 or 20 ma's but maybe someone else can confirm. that is an old unit so personally i would double check before just plugging something in. lol
I dont think subtracting 10 to 20 mA is a good idea. Really. Youre asking to get hit by a thunderbolt later on. If you cant find one, you could go out and buy one, or you could even make one (I could help you out there if youre interested), its not very difficult.
hmm, to me, it looks like its a stereo amp, but I don't think its tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

Sorry, couldn't resist it
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by bjoern_swe
hmm, to me, it looks like its a stereo amp, but I don't think its tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

Sorry, couldn't resist it

yeah, that thread came to mind when i saw this thread too.

but it's not stereo amp; it's stereo flanger! Just get a Boss adapter and it should work fine.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.