I think it is time to venture into superstrat land UG! My SG was my first guitar, and I just don't want it anymore. The EMGs I put in it are growing old. It still is very comfy to play, but lately I'm wanting something with a Floyd.

I can most definitely get 500-600 bucks for my SG, and my question is, what would best fit the bill in that range? I've been shopping around, and my top choice now is the DK2M as I've already played a few and enjoyed the crap out of them.

Is there anything else out there worth looking at? I play thrash and shreddy stuff most of the time, and want the superstrat body type. No active pickups either! I just want something that would fit me a little better as a second guitar as my Les Paul is one of the finest things I've ever played! Suggestions are much appreciated!
Gibson.
your first guitar was a gibson?!?!?
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
if you mean an epiphone SG then go for it.

if you mean a gibson.... sell it and you'll regret it.
------------
Gibson SG 61 Reissue
Squier Bullet
Peavey Rage 158
Digitech Hot Head
Rocktron Short Timer Delay
Fender Tuner Pedal
im not a fan of pawning off my first guitar i dont know about u but im attached to mine but to answer your question you cant go wrong with a ibanez though im not a fan of the necks this why im selling my RG for like 250 or so but LSPs are good Jacksons are nice and if u can fins a Music man those are really sweet too
I don't think you should sell your first guitar, especially if you like the feel. 20 years from now you might want that feel again and you'll never be able to get it back.

If you like the DK2M, get it... I'd buy one if it wasn't for their name (Dinky makes it sound obscenely dumb).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Yeah it is a Gibson SG. Its only a special though. I just dont want it to sit around you know.
Gibson.
ahh, I know where you're coming from. My first guitar was a Standard SG (I got an amazing deal on it) and though I loved it, even more so after I got the Bare Knuckles in it, I still desired something more.

My Ibanez's get so much more play time then my Gibson. In fact, I haven't touch my Gibson in months since I got my Ibanez's .
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
lucky buggers
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.