Hello all,
I recently got a Crate V33H and it's actually a really nice amp, but as stated by many, the OD channel is just a little dark. It's usable, but I was wondering if any overdrive pedals could brighten it up just a little. I'm using a modified TS7 but it doesn't brighten it up that much. I've read about people using a DS-1 and getting a better tone out. I'm just looking for a nice OD to push my amp and brighten it a little, preferably under $100 but I'm willing to spend a little more. Any suggestions?
Member of the vegetarian club

Arbor AF-100
Cheap Kona

Boss PH-2
Ibanez DC10
NYC Big Muff
Little Alligator
Peavey Rockmaster
TC G-Major
FCB1010
BBE 401 Maxie
Boss RC-20

70's Fender PA 100
Quote by tona_107
the ds-1 will really change your sound quite a bit.

no, it will be fizzy and bad and the ds-1's purpose is not to brighten things up or boost anything.
get an EQ pedal and put it through your fx loop.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
I suggest an EQ pedal, so you can boost the high end when you kick the overdrive channel.

Otherwise, get any Overdrive and use the tone knob.
Quote by sg622
no, it will be fizzy and bad and the ds-1's purpose is not to brighten things up or boost anything.
get an EQ pedal and put it through your fx loop.

ummm did i tell him that it would make it brighter? i was saying that the ds-1 will change it; and i didn't mean in a good way; considering his goal.
To brighten an amp, I would look at swapping out some preamp tubes. Try some ElectroHarmonix 12ax7's those are usually bright sounding and will brighten up any amp, also, Guitar? Pickups, Mabey switch from a les paul to a Strat?
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by thellamaking
I suggest an EQ pedal, so you can boost the high end when you kick the overdrive channel.

Otherwise, get any Overdrive and use the tone knob.

+4
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008