I know there is a sticky for acoustics under $300, but none of them, as far as I remember, have cutaways, which I really would like for my guitar.

Does anybody have any suggestions of guitars that fit the bill?

EDIT: They can be acoustic-electrics as well (preferred, actually)
Last edited by XeRoXyoS at Jul 10, 2008,
Quote by XeRoXyoS
thank you for actually reading my post. (sarcasm)

Actually, there IS a cutaway for under $300 in that thread. Since you didn't recall, perhaps he was just jogging your memory?

I'd tell you which one, but I think you would benefit from some practice reading.

Acoustic-electrics for under $300 are not generally recommended because the electronics will eat up nearly a third of that guitar's worth - you'll probably have to compromise with a laminate top, and/or other corners cut here and there. If you want an acoustic electric of equivalent quality to a $300 acoustic, you'll have to loosen up your budget a bit more.
Acoustic-electrics for under $300 are not generally recommended because the electronics will eat up nearly a third of that guitar's worth - you'll probably have to compromise with a laminate top, and/or other corners cut here and there. If you want an acoustic electric of equivalent quality to a $300 acoustic, you'll have to loosen up your budget a bit more.

+1
I am aware that there was one cutaway in that thread, but I was looking for a bit more. And also, it doesnt have to be acoustic electric, it just has to have a cutaway.
^-- the takamine in that thread is the only acoustic guitar with a cutaway for $300 that i've ever seen.
Quote by XeRoXyoS
thank you for actually reading my post. (sarcasm)

i'd suggest not berating those nice enough to assist you.
Quote by jimtaka
^-- the takamine in that thread is the only acoustic guitar with a cutaway for $300 that i've ever seen.

P.S. i just bought that same guitar so i will give you a good review of it if you can wait a week or so.