#1
Hey I'm having a little trouble listening over our bands songs and was wondering if anybody has any tips of ways to make songs more interesting, I feel our songs may be to generic and plain.

Our songs are here:

Seizefire
My Band's Myspace

Quote by sizzlefizzle
when it comes to girls, the best thing to do is to just give up on trying to understand them.

cant live with 'em, cant live without certain parts of 'em.
#2
Guitar solos.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!


Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
#3
if you think they're too generic then write them less generically i guess
more key changes and tempo changes? i really don't know what to tell you
i think they're pretty decent songs

edit: one thing i can suggest is mix it up a lot. like make very subtle rhythmic changes each time you get to the verse or chorus. and go into unexpect genres/style during bridges
I want Super Saiyan abilities
#4
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Guitar solos.

+1
Gear:
Gibson SG Special
Roland Cube 100
Peavey Predator Plus
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Roland Micro Cube
#5
I'm not going to listen but, the only thing I can suggest is to get creative. Look to different genres for inspiration and try to incorporate the style into your song. Use bizarre instruments to get a certain sound (pots, pans, clapping, car noises, etc.) Just have an open mind and experiment!
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
#6
I don't have time to listen to them now unfortunately but I will have a listen later and see if I can find some things to improve on. For now I'd say try and find your own sound. What I mean by that is that all of your songs have a sound so that as soon as you hear them you know they're your songs. Just like Pantera have a unique sound, mainly (IMO) cause of the unique sounds of the double-bass drums, very trebly and clicky, but also just Dimebag's writing style as well. Or, Necrophagist, with that bend thing they do, where they have a note, hold it for say a minim, and for the second half of the minim bend it up and down. I hope you know what I mean. But basically, try and come up with something that is uniquely yours, and you do all the time, and put that in your songs.

Hope that helps, and I'll listen to your stuff later and try to give you some better help than this.
sig goes here
#8
Sometimes just finding better voice leading for your chords can spice things up a lot. That failing, playing like a child, with no judgement is always useful. We tend to want to play nothing that's bad, but the problem is that you only find the good stuff by playing a lot of bad stuff. Set aside some time to just whack your instruments, where no one else can hear you, with the expectation that none of you have to play at all well. Record it all. 99% of what you play will be garbage. The remaining 1% will be spice.
#9
Okay thanks for that, I guess its just hard trying to find our own style. And trust me, we have more then enough guitar solos just not by me
My Band's Myspace

Quote by sizzlefizzle
when it comes to girls, the best thing to do is to just give up on trying to understand them.

cant live with 'em, cant live without certain parts of 'em.
#10
Quote by DrKingKong
Okay thanks for that, I guess its just hard trying to find our own style. And trust me, we have more then enough guitar solos just not by me


Well maybe that's your answer- you ought to start soloing .

Also, I forgot to mention the main thing: rhythm. The simplest things are exciting if they are properly locked in to the groove. If your playing is dull the rhythm is the first thing to fix. Listen to some street fllamencos if you get a chance. Those guys know 3 chords, at best, and play incredibly sloppily, but they are electrifying because they have their compas down pat.
#11
From what i heard, a lil more lead guitar work wouldnt hurt. I mean octaves are cool, but a few lead licks, repeated, to give a little intrumental "hook" would be pretty good. Also the clean passage on call out my name could do with a little beefing up lol, thicker bass line or something
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.