can anyone tell me how i get a tone similar to what avril lavigne uses in skater boy please?
Quote by Felgate
can anyone tell me how i get a tone similar to what avril lavigne uses in skater boy please?

You pansy it's spelt SK8ER BOI
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by stinger12345
You pansy it's spelt SK8ER BOI

i'm extremely angered that you are correcting his spelling
Drop your amp off the roof???
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
Treble - 0
Bass - 0
Mids - 0
Volume - 0
'Tude - 10
Whiny Voice - 10
Panties - White

My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
ere right!
i no its called sk8er boi
and i no its a ****ty song!
but if your a half ****ing decent guitarist you'll learn to compromise with your band!
A*rseholes!
Quote by Felgate
ere right!
i no its called sk8er boi
and i no its a ****ty song!
but if your a half ****ing decent guitarist you'll learn to compromise with your band!
A*rseholes!

If you're in a band covering Skater Boy, there's something seriously wrong. That's like dating a girl who makes you wear lipstick.
Dickless.
wait now .....is the lead singer a girl????? (plz say yes)
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by acdcfan1556
i'm extremely angered that you are correcting his spelling

Have you ever looked into the mirror and asked yourself, "Oh *name*, why are you so serious all the time?"
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Dude. Look at it this way: there is not a single thing that you could EVER do to make that song sound any worse.
You know, just set everything to 5 and use the bridge and the audience won't tell a difference. Since they probably haven't heard the song for years.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by Felgate

sigged

epic quote right there...
i should feel priviliged at your quote!

the lead singer is a girl, and tbh right, i asked a simple question and got stupid jumped up answers from people. yano sorrry for being asked right at the very last minute to play a song. sorry for thinking i no lets pick an easy song so we have time to get it right.

all those people who have critisized me for asking how to make my performance the best it could be, shame on yous!

yeah okay, its not the best song in the world. but i bet you's have all learned a song and looked back on it and thought ****ing hell what was i thinking!

i pitty the lot of you who critisize me.
shows what type of guitarist you are.
not opening your mind to all types of music and artists out there
not willing to compromise with your band.

there is some people out there, who actually do like avril lavigne.

just shame on you all!
Avril Lavigne's guitarists use PRS (which she fails to smash) and Mesa/Boogie Rectifiers.
Use a bridge-position humbucker, dial in some gain, keep the mids and treble fairly high. I'd say something like
Treble - 7
Middle - 6
Bass - 5

Frankly, if I was in a band and had to compromise to THAT extent, I'd play the song as more of a mockery than a serious cover, and I'd try to add my own style to it.

There are so many better songs to play with a girl singer. Try "Barracuda" by Heart.
Bro sorry if I helped to hurt your feelings but it was just too easy to mock you. If I didnt i'd have to live with that the rest of my life

Oh and being sigged with THAT quote is a mark of shame, a scarlett letter here at UG.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
Treble - 0
Bass - 0
Mids - 0
Volume - 0
'Tude - 10
Whiny Voice - 10
Panties - White

This was all fun and games until you asked him to put on white panties.

Then it just got awkward.
you could try recording yourself raping a kitten for a couple of minuites

that'd probably do for the whole song
Quote by MetalMilitia212
If you're in a band covering Skater Boy, there's something seriously wrong. That's like dating a girl who makes you wear lipstick.

...And that's the truth.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by TheProducer
And yet you'd all do her, don't lie.

yes we would, but god forbid she makes any noise we a whiny voice like that two words: BONER KILLER
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
^why, so lame. leave now.

reported.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the tone? im pretty sure its shit if thats a setting on your amp, seeing that you have an mg it should work.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Felgate

there is some people out there, who actually do like avril lavigne.

just shame on you all!

aside from that comment i left above, I actually like a few of her songs, ive just started to really hate her ever since she released that girlfriend song.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Whoever reported this and linked to the settings thread, there isnt an Avril setting in there.

Treble - 7
Mids -5
bass- 4

Something like that, im going to guess. Light crunch gain wise.