Page 1 of 2
Which songs do you believe are perfect! I mean the ones where when you listen to em your surroundings melt away and you are alone with this song and the universe.

My list:

"The Orange County Lumber Truck" by Frank Zappa
"Love is Green" by Jeff Beck
"I Have a Dream" by Herbie Hancock
"Song of the Wind" by Santana
"John McLaughlin" by Miles Davis
"Birdland" by Weather Report
'Music is the best"
Zappa
"Freebird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd, hands down!!
That song is amazing in every way possible!
"You'd stick your head in fire if I told you that you could see Hell"- Otis, House of 1000 Corpses
Trivium: The Crudsade
DevilDriver:The Last Kind Words
Pantera: Revaloution is my Name
Smash-Avishai cohen
Sunny Side Of The Street- rollins, stitts, gilepsie
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

This is the blues and jazz forum...why are you people throwing out Trivium, SOAD and Pantera?

I love listening to Lightnin' Hopkins, Son House and Blind Willie McTell - just so relaxing and so real. Miles Davis is another one that makes me relax and forget.
Fables of Faubus by Charles Mingus is pretty much flawless to my ears.
Quote by freakypop
Trivium: The Crudsade
DevilDriver:The Last Kind Words
Pantera: Revaloution is my Name

Are you serious?

I can only think of a few that fulfill this for me...
Bob Dylan - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright
Aretha Franklin - Think (Freedom)
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme (full suite)
Grateful Dead - Eyes of the World (12/4/73)
o yea! John Coltrane's "A Love Supreme" is a perfect album.......what a masterpiece
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Dreams- The Allman Brothers
Riviera Paradise- SRV
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
B.B. King - The Thrill Is Gone
Chet Baker - Autumn In New York
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Lenny ('specially the live at the El Mocambo version)
Lovehatehero's CD White Lies is perfect, all of the songs are soo goood.

Pierce the Veil - Drella and I'd Rather Die than be Famous

Paramore - Emergency

Alesana - This Conversation is Over and Seduction
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Your crying like a baby to the pit....You have pretty much ruined it for yourself.
Al Di Meola's Race With Devil on Spanish Highway & Flight Over Rio....

hell his whole Elegant Gypsy album is perfect imo. Completely blew me away the first time I listened to it and continues to do so every time.

also Ruby by Gato Barbieri, Concerto de Aranjuez by Miles Davis

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

lol at Paramore (they are one of my favourite bands, but you can hardly call their music perfect)
+This is a blues forum
Id say Lenny for sure. Im actually not a fan of the El Mocambo version. I prefer studio.
Little Wing - SRV
Bold As Love - Hendrix
They're classics for a reason.
In saying that I dont listen to much blues outside SRV, John Mayer, Hendrix and some Santana.
Life By The Drop - SRV
Bad Case Of Love - BB King
Billy Taylor Trio - I Wish I Knew
Keb'Mo' - I Was Wrong

These are the ones I can think of right now, especially Life By The Drop, I've practically been listening to it all day now )
Quote by mas0n
Life By The Drop - SRV
Bad Case Of Love - BB King
Billy Taylor Trio - I Wish I Knew
Keb'Mo' - I Was Wrong

These are the ones I can think of right now, especially Life By The Drop, I've practically been listening to it all day now )

YES! Life By The Drop! How could I forget. One of my favourites.
oh another one that i just discovered is "Celebration Suite" by Chick Corea and Return to Forever.

that song is rediculous!!!!!!!!!!
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Sunshine of Your Love - Cream
Spoonful - Howlin Wolf
Knockin on Heavens door - Eric Clapton
Ain't No Sunshine - Freddie King

I like Eva Cassidy's version, but it's a great song too...Practically every one mentioned here is, except for the metal stuff someone posted

Not to be totally offtopic , I'll add Fly Me To The Moon by Frank Sinatra to my list
Quote by .6.bullets.
"Freebird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd, hands down!!
That song is amazing in every way possible!

This is the Blues/Jazz forum, you hick.

Naima by Coltrane always gives me goosebumps.
Carlos Santana and John McLaughlin - A Love Supreme
Bill Evans Trio - Witchcraft
Chris Thomas King - John Law Burned Down The Liquor Store
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Slash 602: You're right, this is the Blues/Jazz Forum, and in here we are polite to each other. There is no need to demean others choices in music, and especially no need for immature name calling.
Quote by byakuya08
Lovehatehero's CD White Lies is perfect, all of the songs are soo goood.

Pierce the Veil - Drella and I'd Rather Die than be Famous

Paramore - Emergency

Alesana - This Conversation is Over and Seduction

paramore? what the heck? this is the blues and jazz section*doh*
Quote by slidething31
Slash 602: You're right, this is the Blues/Jazz Forum, and in here we are polite to each other. There is no need to demean others choices in music, and especially no need for immature name calling.

Sure, but is it not a bit odd that people are discussing Skynard, Trivium, Paramore, and other completely irrelevent bands here? They can listen to whatever the hell they want, but you don't see me going into the Metal forum and talking about Charles Mingus.
You called out someone for mentioning Skynyrd. They are bluesy southern rock, so right there you're just wrong. But, then you felt the need to call someone a hick based on nothing other than one song choice. Stop being ignorant.
Aiight, but if this forum catered to every branch of blues influenced rock, it would be much more populous. I don't really have a problem with skynard, and I realize that I was being a dick. It's just that music like that doesn't belong here. Peace
Have You Ever Been?- Jimi Hendrix

Greatest version of the song Electric Ladyland. It's just him and his guitar in the studio. The technician or producer asks him what the name of the song is, and he replies "Electric Ladyland".
Quote by guitarkid2113
Have You Ever Been?- Jimi Hendrix

Greatest version of the song Electric Ladyland. It's just him and his guitar in the studio. The technician or producer asks him what the name of the song is, and he replies "Electric Ladyland".

Yes, the ELL demo is incrediable. Without vocals, it is nearly perfect.
I know, isnt that song just AMAZING?!!?!?
Im a huge fan and I'm beyond amped to see them this summer. They are coming to Boston and i'm going VIP to their show. BEYOND AMPED!
The moment I saw you I knew I had found again the singer of a thousand songs that haunted every dream. The painter of the colors of my mind, reminding me of places we had been - Where have I known you before // RETURN TO FOREVER
little house i used to live in - frank zappa/mothers of invention
i forgot how damn good this song is!

but the version on "burnt weeny sandwich"
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Bold As Love - Hendrix
Mr. Banker - Lynyrd Skynyrd (listen to it before you gripe. It's a blues song)
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Page 1 of 2