Today i had band practice for the first time with my new amp and it got me thinking, do i have my pretty loud.

It's a DSL100 with a 1960a cab and i have the volume on 4.

Post your amp, it's wattage, and how loud you have it when you practice with your band, and if you don't play with a band, how loud do you have it at home?
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
When I practice at home by myself I'm either play through my TonePort into my laptop or my amp on about 1

When I jam with friends I usually turn it up to about 4 or so (85W and 100W) even though we don't have a drummer, we just like to be loud.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
as loud as socialy posible, we usually practice late at night and relatives are usually asleep but we still play loud =D

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
i dime my 6505 combo (60w) when mom leaves or drummers house, i only leave it at like 3.5 at gigs due to monitering
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
I usually have my 5150 just over 3. It's loud as **** but we usually face our amps toward the wall away from us.
wow you dudes all play hella loud at practice, I bring a 30 watt amp and its on 5-7, thats enough to get over my drummer and bassist.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
I put my amp at 37 o'clock... can't touch this...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I play Peavey JSX-120 watts all tube
with an old carvin 4x12 cab
I usually have it on 3 which is good.
I suppose it depends on the size of the room and WHO needs to hear you the most.
I only have a little 15W Kramer amp (cheapest one I could find, and I'm actually quite happy with how it sounds). When I'm not playing with headphones on, my amp is usually at 3-5 and my distortion never goes past 3. It's not that I'm considerate of my family and neighbors, it just starts to sound like ass if it's up too high. I want my distortion to stay clean, if that makes sense.
100 watt vk on volume 2-3 most of the time in my computer room.

then when everyone leaves my house usually 5, by then my ears are hurting and almost making me cry lol.
I've got a 50 watt bassman and how loud I set it depends on how much distortion I want. It clean is around 4, slightly overdriven is 6 and distorted is at around 8.

Edit, Oh yeah, my cab... I actually use 2 cabs. 1 is a 1960's vox foundation cab with the original 18" goodmans alnico speaker. The other has a jensen p12r, celestion G12H, and eminence legend (don't remember the exact model).
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Jul 10, 2008,
not really loud.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

umm at home normally just over 2 (when sounds starts coming out)
at band practice - normally between 4 and 7. depending on how hard the drummer is htting the drums lol
I have a Laney VC-15 15W and usually I set it on 7, 8... It's just a small combo so I'm glad I can hear it on rehearsalls because my drummer can be loud
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
With my 40 watt Fender Hot Rod gain about 3, clean about 4 with bright switch on.

DSL401 clean, with gain on it about 4. Gain volume about 6 and master volume about. Can't wait to gig with it, a really ballsy amp.
When my family are out I have my Laney on 3. When they're in I just bung my pod in the effects loop and play quietly.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
When my family are out I have my Laney on 3. When they're in I just bung my pod in the effects loop and play quietly.

That a pocket pod? I love mine! I don't use it through the amp, I just use headphones, seems easier, and I have decent ones.
Quote by minibrowny
That a pocket pod? I love mine! I don't use it through the amp, I just use headphones, seems easier, and I have decent ones.

Yeah, it's the pocket pod. I use headphones when I'm just noodling around but most of the time these days I'm playing along to songs, and it's easier to do that with it through the amp. Also means I get to use all my pedals, which is more fun.

My Music
i have my volume about there \ (11 o'clock) ishand my gain about / (1 o'clock ish)

its a tiny terror so theres no numbers... and i only play at my desk in my bedroom...
Thank you please.
approx 2.5 or 3 at a band practice, otherwise, rarely higher than 1. When gigging, the volume goes up to about 6 on both channels.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I use a squier sp-10 amp (10 watts) and it's at volume one or two when I practice.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I have a Randall RG50TC... 50 all tube watts. Usually have the master volume and the overdrive volume at about 10 o'clock during band practice
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
I have my 15W Laney VC-15 at 3/4 on the clean channel and 4/5 (numbers on amp, not as on a clock face) on the distortion channel, and its loud enough to be heard over drums. I've turned my amp up to full a few times and its just far, far too loud. How do you people stand such loud practicing??
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by monkey_dancer
I have my 15W Laney VC-15 at 3/4 on the clean channel and 4/5 on the distortion channel, and its loud enough to be heard over drums. I've turned my amp up to full a few times and its just far, far too loud. How do you people stand such loud practicing??

Earplugs.

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Earplugs.

Good point. I don't have any. Thing is, I've also got neighbours who'd get really pissed off if we practiced any louder, which limits it a bit as well.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
With earplugs it's fun to jam with a 100 watts with the master at 7 or 8.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
My Marshall MG stack gets pretty loud actually. I had it at about half volume in my room, and it plays over drums. I also played in my school auditorium with around 300 people there. It was loud enough to record at half volume. I'm glad though, because after you get it past that, it sounds awful. At home I play at around 10 o' clock, but when everyone's out I sometimes push it past half volume. I have to dime my clean channel for it to get loud though.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
I got a hybrid, 100 watt Fender amp...it usually is on 3 or 4 for practice. It is hilarious, though...my other guitarist has a Behringer GMX212 and a Digitech RP150 and he has to dime both the master volume and channel volume on his Behringer, and crank his pedal to be equal to me...strange though, I don't see why.
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:
Gibson Explorer, Worn Cherry-

Amps:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 - 1 x 12 Combo, 100 watts, Hybrid

Effects:
Blues Driver Keeley Modded
50 watts tube at around 1 or 2 at home.

It is easily heard through my whole school gym with 300 people in there at about half volume, and completely drowns out the school's PA and an un-mic'd drummer when all the way up.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by deathforyouth
I got a hybrid, 100 watt Fender amp...it usually is on 3 or 4 for practice. It is hilarious, though...my other guitarist has a Behringer GMX212 and a Digitech RP150 and he has to dime both the master volume and channel volume on his Behringer, and crank his pedal to be equal to me...strange though, I don't see why.

Mid scoop and too much gain?

My Music
Kustom Defender, 50 watts. Master Volume 3-4, Volume about 7. I actually had to turn it down a bit. I was getting deaf and didn't know I was drowning out our other guitarist.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
my hot rod deluxe (40 watts) goes to about 2.5-3 at practice. and my fender bassman 50 i turn to about 4 sometimes 5.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Just loud enuf to get over my drummer. Were in a soundproofed studio so all the sound is contained :P ..... but to get an idea my f100 (at its 60 watt setting) is usually going at about 3/4.