Would it be a good idea if I formed/joined a band?

The reason I'm asking, is because I'm a beginner. I don't know too much about the guitar, but I know my chords and can play a few songs... but I'm not good like many other guitarists.

But the whole idea of being in a band really intrigues me. Would it be a good idea for a beginner like me to try to get in a band? Any tips to help out people like me?
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
YES! absolutley, just make sure that your possible band mates know your only a beginner but it will help you get better!

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
Definitely! I was rubbish when I joined a band with an experienced guitarist, but he inspired me to get better and be more inventive with guitar. Now he looks up to me.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
Yes it would. Playing with a drummer will help your timing, and generally playing with musicians always helps.

You will probably progress alot faster, and practicing with a band never seems like a burden, unlike practicing on your own which can occasionally get frustrating.
I was in a band my first month playing, i got alot better playing with them, then after our first show they called me a "No talent douche" and kicked me out, they were friends of mine too, they got a new guy who has been playing for years, and said he was way better than me, the weird thing is... i started playing with some band geeks from school, and now, they want me to replace the new guy.
absolutely! when i formed our band i wasn't too sick on the guitar as many others, but as you say, i knew my chords and some scales, and that was enough skill to start writing songs, the solos were not too great but after a while i got better and better.
the only thing you need to do is to not doubt on your skill. just practice every day on techniques you would like to know and i promise you will improve your technique after a few weeks. IT'S ALL ABOUT PRACTICE.
sure if you want just dont join with douche bags that will f*** with you becouse your not the best in the world
Well yeah. It's definitely a good idea if you can find people. I can't manage to do that. Why? Because I live in a really small city, and the only people I know that are musicians suck balls, and don't take it seriously.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Quote by Unko19
sure if you want just dont join with douche bags that will f*** with you becouse your not the best in the world

So it would be a good idea to treat a band like a marriage - find a group of people you can live with, and share similar interests with. Except no sex, of course... unless there's some chicks... but I doubt that.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.