So my guitar is acting really, really strangely. On a "normal" guitar, if you raise the action you get less or no fret buzz. And when the strings detune, they detune downwards.

Well on my demon infested axe a LOWER action means less fret buzz, whereas fret buzz is increased when I raise the action. And the strings detune UPWARDS! I tune it up, and when I come back the strings are too high pitched and I have to lower them.

HEEEEEEELP
You adjust it until you get no buzz...it isn't exclusively raised to fix the problem...
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
I have kept my guitar in a colder place than normal and it also detuned upwards. so it might have something to do with the temperature
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by Liam.
You adjust it until you get no buzz...it isn't exclusively raised to fix the problem...

What is it I adjust? I've done the truss rod, the neck's perfectly straight.
Quote by EJD
What is it I adjust? I've done the truss rod, the neck's perfectly straight.

The saddles. What guitar do you have?
Gear(Sucks):
Aria STG Series Strat
Yamaha F310P Acoustic
BOSS DS-2 Distortion.
RMS 10 Watt Practice Amp

Wishlist:
New guitar
Brawl: 2578 4543 4918
Crappy chinese Silvertone Citation, a really bad Strat copy. And the saddles are what I adjust to raise/lower the action, using the tiny lil Allen screws.
Well the neck has a little bit of relief... maybe I should just save for a new neck.
Quote by EJD
Well the neck has a little bit of relief... maybe I should just save for a new neck.

if the guitar is crappy, as you say it is (not making any judgements), then putting a new neck on would probably be a waste of money.
Yeah... suppose I'll have to put up with it. Thanks for your input guys.

What exactly is the problem with this? You can get nice, low action with little buzz? Isn't that a good thing? And every guitar goes out of tune after awhile. Who cares if it's up or down. Maybe it's a temperature change causing it.