I am looking to buy a new guitar. There are so many I am not sure which one to pick.

My main choices are either one of the Ibanez prestige series or Gibson Les Paul Studio.

What do you guys think is the best guitar for that price range?

I like guitars that work well with effects, slim fret board, low string with no fretbuzz, and that have a very "full" tone.

any help on this would be great!
'89 Ibanez S540LTD, unless you can get your hands on a FGM model.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Dude, the only guitar that i can think of that matches the criteria, and is perfect for what your looking for is the gibson les paul menace, it has low action, high out-put brass stud smokey coil pick-ups, an ebony fretboad, and all the bad-ass tone you could ever hope for, play it, and you'll bust a bavarian in you pants. $925.75
What kind of music do you play?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I would go for a prestige.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Epiphone Les Paul Elitist, or perhaps an Ibanez S series. Also take a lot at those Ibanez Artist guitars.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by chris4355
I am looking to buy a new guitar. There are so many I am not sure which one to pick.

My main choices are either one of the Ibanez prestige series or Gibson Les Paul Studio.

What do you guys think is the best guitar for that price range?

I like guitars that work well with effects, slim fret board, low string with no fretbuzz, and that have a very "full" tone.

any help on this would be great!

i would suggest the les paul bfg. YES I KNOW but the simplicity of that guitar is quite interesting.
I like my RGA121 Prestige with mahogany body and maple cap, hardtail with great bridge. Also like my Epi Les Paul ULtra with narrow nut and neck, light weight.

With Gibson's, I liked their double cut about the best in that price range, bout $800.
mia strat deluxe hss?
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Dublo7
Thought about a Telecaster at all?

No, but I'll definitely try it out!, along with the Menace.

Quote by Shred Head
What about bridges, and wood preference?

What would you recommend?

Quote by eruption1988
the one that you go into the shop and try out and like!!!

Shops never have everything. I went to 2 guitar centers and all I really got to try out were Gibsons.