Page 1 of 2
Well i've gotten to a point where i don't enjoy anything anymore really. And i don't desire to try anything new to try and spice up my life. I feel like giving up guitar and anything that i have long cared about taken up cause it just feels pointless and i don't actually care about it anymore.

I only ever really took it up to make music with a couple of friends and we have been doing so for the last couple of years. But i never really went through a stage that i got 'inspired' so to speak to pick it up and play. And earlier this year during my football season (grid-iron) i felt incredible worthlessness and hardly gave my best throughout the season even though i never played like complete **** or anything.
And we went on to win our grand final after some intense grudge games and all i could do was stand and smile at my team mates and be like "sweet i can go home now and have a hot shower".

Point is, it's like this with everything, school - failing. Social life - bah pathetic and i haven't been in a proper relationship in over 2years and it really beats me up at times not being able to have someone close like that.

I constantly consider shaping up like cutting my hair, taking out piercings and dressing in a more boring fashion sense so people won't look at me wierd like they always do, which i enjoy. But alas it doesn't exactly attract anyone. And i shouldn't have to change for nobody god dammit. But what do i do? I really kinda hate myself atm.

EDIT: For those people who can't be arsed reading i'm having a big crybaby life crisis.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
I reckon it will all come back if you get into another relationship.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
just smile it makes the world seem happier orrrrr

listen to something or do something that will inspire u to play guitar again keep at it dont quit make some nice riffs and just keep going it will get better eventually
i was like that about 3 days ago, i don't know what happened but i'm fine...

sorry dude, listen to some new music, go to a bar to try and make new friends etc... try and get a girl?

good luck!

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
yeah man you just need to go on a trip for a while, either drive around the country or just go somewhere and relax and let yourself chill out.
i can somewhat feel you though, i recently quit football due to lack of heart to play and i am slowly losing the heart to play guitar or anything.
what would also help is to get in a new relationship, either with a spouse, new friends or even make your relationship with your parents stronger.
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
you need to take some time out from everything, go away and find yourself,

thats what id do
"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked" - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by rabidguitarist
I reckon it will all come back if you get into another relationship.

Yeah see that is the main thing. But what makes it worse is like i could maybe just get into a relationship like that, with the snap of my fingers. But seems everywhere i go no one would suit me.

Like i can walk around the mall and see a million sluts, goth wannabe or scene girls and like what's the point in that? They're all so material and pathetic. Just cause i don't look like i ran a razor over my scalp then gelled the remaining up and dyed it blue/blonde shouldn't mean i can't find someone mature enough to understand what a relationship is..let alone understand me.

*Sighs*
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
FAP! It makes everything better.

But seriously, get in a relationship.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by thepatient001
Yeah see that is the main thing. But what makes it worse is like i could maybe just get into a relationship like that, with the snap of my fingers. But seems everywhere i go no one would suit me.

Like i can walk around the mall and see a million sluts, goth wannabe or scene girls and like what's the point in that? They're all so material and pathetic. Just cause i don't look like i ran a razor over my scalp then gelled the remaining up and dyed it blue/blonde shouldn't mean i can't find someone mature enough to understand what a relationship is..let alone understand me.

*Sighs*

*slowly raises hand*

But seriously, maybe an internet relationship isn't a bad idea. You've got more room to find someone you can connect with, and it's very easy to find someone with similiar interests and opinions on the internet. Personality comes first, and it can be much more rewarding than going girlfriend shopping at the mall and picking up some floosie.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
*slowly raises hand*

But seriously, maybe an internet relationship isn't a bad idea. You've got more room to find someone you can connect with, and it's very easy to find someone with similiar interests and opinions on the internet. Personality comes first, and it can be much more rewarding than going girlfriend shopping at the mall and picking up some floosie.

Well i'm only 17 turning 18 in under a month, so i might feel abit odd making an online relationship profile. I have thought about it but each time sorta shrugged it off or chuckled at it being a joke in my head.

But don't worry i got the personality thing down pat. I'm quite happy to settle down with someone who can have an actual conversation and not talk about tanned muscle or Ollie Skyes. It's quite disgusting how guys and girls are now. And because i'm not some 6'4 built der-brain guy i have to experience these downs and look further than skin and flesh which is always hard in it's own.

But yeah i might look into it.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
Quote by thepatient001
Well i'm only 17 turning 18 in under a month, so i might feel abit odd making an online relationship profile. I have thought about it but each time sorta shrugged it off or chuckled at it being a joke in my head.

But don't worry i got the personality thing down pat. I'm quite happy to settle down with someone who can have an actual conversation and not talk about tanned muscle or Ollie Skyes. It's quite disgusting how guys and girls are now. And because i'm not some 6'4 built der-brain guy i have to experience these downs and look further than skin and flesh which is always hard in it's own.

But yeah i might look into it.

Nah, I don't mean a website dedicated to that kind of thing, I mean just use myspace or facebook or something.

I've found a lot of friends on myspace that are much closer to me and much better friends than people I have in real life.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
.....1) Go to livejournal.

2) Get a girlfriend. Sounds like you've just had it cuz you aint had one for 2 years.

Problem solved.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
.....1) Go to livejournal.

2) Get a girlfriend. Sounds like you've just had it cuz you aint had one for 2 years.

Problem solved.

Problem not solved.

That's the worst advice ever.

It's like me writing a recipe for making a cake, which goes like this.

1. buy the ingredients.
2. make a cake.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist
Nah, I don't mean a website dedicated to that kind of thing, I mean just use myspace or facebook or something.

I've found a lot of friends on myspace that are much closer to me and much better friends than people I have in real life.

Ah of course..i knew that

But yeah i probably should make a myspace or something to get abit more active and talk to some new people. I had a bebo profile aages ago but deleted it and made abit of a pact with myself to not get caught up again in online profiles and blogs for numerous reasons. Maybe it is time i got over myself and started up a new one and a myspace or something.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
Quote by thepatient001
Ah of course..i knew that

But yeah i probably should make a myspace or something to get abit more active and talk to some new people. I had a bebo profile aages ago but deleted it and made abit of a pact with myself to not get caught up again in online profiles and blogs for numerous reasons. Maybe it is time i got over myself and started up a new one and a myspace or something.

Yeah, get a myspace.

I thought it was pointless before I started using it, but if you're shy like me, it's so so much easier to make friends.

Plus, you can hit people right in the face with your personality before meeting face to face, can save a lot of awkwardness.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Get guitar lessons, it will help so much trust me.

I need to get a new teacher, it's a priority after next week.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Yeah, get a myspace.

I thought it was pointless before I started using it, but if you're shy like me, it's so so much easier to make friends.

Plus, you can hit people right in the face with your personality before meeting face to face, can save a lot of awkwardness.

Yeah i think i will next time i have a few hours to the computer alone, give me something to do as well. When i get to it i'll add you.

Thanks for replying properly and helping out
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
It'll pass just focus on the things you've achieved and done good in instead of the negatives. Almost sounds like a mild depression if it gets really bad possibly seek some professional counsel instead of the pit.
Prescribed Drugs FTW.
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
you could always try heroin.

or.. i dunno, some kind of fun hobby.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
When I was your age I was going through a similar feeling.

I recommend to start working out. Seriously after a month or so of really working out hard, your confidence and overall happiness will boost incredibly.

Also, if you can afford it, try getting a couple friends together (or even by yourself) and take a road trip somewhere, anywhere.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Quote by saphrax
On the whole MySpace thing, personally, I find Facebook a much more civil and mature audience. Also, I got sex from FB and not MySpace, so...

I thought me and FB we're exclusive then FB cheats on me with you?

I'm ending it with FB and hitting up MySpace.
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
Your not alone dude. I have the same problems as you... for me it started end of freshman year/summer(High school) and i am going to be a senior this year. For me it's an on and off type of thing... either way it's driving me crazy.

I hardly play guitar... and when I do I seem to have HUGE leaps in playing ability, but for some reason it doesn't help inspire me in any way. Maybe it keeps me at least barely playing. Grades... I end up pulling myself up at the end of the marking period from D's and F's, but that could be attributed to pure laziness. I have rarely talked to my friends since my school let out in late may. Haven't seen my best friend in weeks and he lives less then a mile away. Haven't had a girlfriend in years and I don't even want to attempt to get one. I get really snappy and harsh toward my family and it's really bothering me. I keep trying to fix that one but it's so hard. But the worst trait has to be, I'm not sure how to explain this, every month or so i get a period of strong depression where i can unthink reality and almost go insane. I become pretty irrational and have very odd thoughts like my parents paying my friends to be my friends. Also realizing how gross humanity can be and generally freaking out about a lot of insignificant things. A very strong feeling of unimportance comes with it.

For me I find when I have a lot of time to myself I start thinking and, inevitably, I start going down a really ugly train of thought that causes this.

I don't know if i have a mental problem or if it's just teenage depression or what, but it's beginning to really scare me. The only advice i have for you is don't let it get bad. Fix it. If you have to, go get help. or at least try and talk to someone close about it. For me it got progressively worse and I can't gain the courage to ask for help.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Last edited by dez_cole at Jul 10, 2008,
Stuck in a rut, Stuck in a rut for eternity
Stuck in a rut, Stuck in a rut for eternity

/falsetto
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
Everyone goes through it.

Some just don't go around talkin' about it....
Attachments:
wambulance.gif
Why look a man in the eye when you can shoot him in the back?

If you can't convince them; confuse them.

Quote by smb
I think anyone who hasn't cheated hasn't lived.
get away from the pit. I say this because nobody cares and it would probably be good for your crisis anyway.
find a girl who likes you for you

don't change if that's what and who you want to be

get some more sleep, try eat as healthy as possible, and meet some damn girls

goodluck

keep smiling.
1. learn banjo
2. do oldschool bluegrass jam

Its been scientifically proven that its impossible to feel any sadness whilst playing a banjo
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by rabidguitarist
*slowly raises hand*

That's what I thought myself, over the net, things get easier.

They do, too much easy, it's all simple and straightforward behind a freaking screen.

Get in a relantionship with someone you can touch after a while, and not having to fly, thus canceling your other plans for the summer.
Quote by dez_cole
Your not alone dude. I have the same problems as you... for me it started end of freshman year/summer(High school) and i am going to be a senior this year. For me it's an on and off type of thing... either way it's driving me crazy.

I hardly play guitar... and when I do I seem to have HUGE leaps in playing ability, but for some reason it doesn't help inspire me in any way. Maybe it keeps me at least barely playing. Grades... I end up pulling myself up at the end of the marking period from D's and F's, but that could be attributed to pure laziness. I have rarely talked to my friends since my school let out in late may. Haven't seen my best friend in weeks and he lives less then a mile away. Haven't had a girlfriend in years and I don't even want to attempt to get one. I get really snappy and harsh toward my family and it's really bothering me. I keep trying to fix that one but it's so hard. But the worst trait has to be, I'm not sure how to explain this, every month or so i get a period of strong depression where i can unthink reality and almost go insane. I become pretty irrational and have very odd thoughts like my parents paying my friends to be my friends. Also realizing how gross humanity can be and generally freaking out about a lot of insignificant things. A very strong feeling of unimportance comes with it.

For me I find when I have a lot of time to myself I start thinking and, inevitably, I start going down a really ugly train of thought that causes this.

I don't know if i have a mental problem or if it's just teenage depression or what, but it's beginning to really scare me. The only advice i have for you is don't let it get bad. Fix it. If you have to, go get help. or at least try and talk to someone close about it. For me it got progressively worse and I can't gain the courage to ask for help.

Yeah that's what i'm in i just didn't go to as much detail but yeah. I get depressed constantlly but only 2 or 3 times a month it hits me like nothing else, like it's ****ed. It's so hard to describe what you think about and loose sleep over and ultimately consider...
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
Quote by devin_g94
get away from the pit. I say this because nobody cares and it would probably be good for your crisis anyway.

Well...i turned to the pit because despite the majority of the people who post here are absolute dicks there are a few good people and i can easily ignore **** comments. I kinda wanna go to some real help but i just can't. I can't make myself face that. It's weak i know but maybe later on if it continues to get worse, as it does.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
I feel the same way, OP.
I have no friends, am failing school, and the only happiness I've had in my life for the past year has been my guitar, and I'm loosing interest because playing alone gets very old very quickly.
I even have a girlfriend now, but she's kinda bringing me down since we live so far apart. No one in this town wants anything to do with me and I can't move, I'm also losing all my friends on line, which for the past 4 years is all I've had.. I don't really know what to do or where to go.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by JLT73
When I was your age I was going through a similar feeling.

I recommend to start working out. Seriously after a month or so of really working out hard, your confidence and overall happiness will boost incredibly.

Also, if you can afford it, try getting a couple friends together (or even by yourself) and take a road trip somewhere, anywhere.

I do work-out, have been doing so since yr 8. I know the self enjoyment and release it can give you and i put it to use, but alot of the time it's not enough, especially when no one notices.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
Page 1 of 2