I feel kind of retarded seeing as there's about four other ibanez threads on the same page... but none about this guitar.

I wanted to know if this is a good second guitar.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S470DXQM-Electric-Guitar?sku=519933

As my first and only guitar, my Epi LP studio is starting to feel like it's holding me back. I've never played with a trem, and there's too many solos I want to learn that have whammy use (and of course experiment and make up my own riffs). It seems to be a step up, even though I love Les Pauls.

What's funny is I've never really liked ibanez, always stayed away from them, and it turns out this seems like the guitar I need. (I really like the blue one, and is partially the reason I picked this exact model)

Is thing a good all-around versatile guitar? I play pretty much anything from metal to punk, to nice clean melodies. Also, Petrucci, I (try) to play a lot of that.
i have to say yes. although there have been a lot of threads about this guitar. the S series guitars are pretty versatile. slim neck, slim body. downside is, if you play past the 22nd fret, you might want to get an SV or S prestige to have 24 frets.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Well since I only have my LP I can't play past 22nd fret, but it's never really been a problem, except maybe about twice. But I'm not worried about it. I'm really stuck on that blue finish though...

Does this guitar hold tune? I know nothing about trem systems, but I really want one and want to learn about them.
Good buy. I loved my ZR trem but unfortunately i had to sell it to buy an rg550. But I don't recommend the old zr trem before the punch in. Because the zr trem before usually break. The arm holder to be exact. Try to get the ZR2
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

So does this guitar come with the ZR2 or not?

I really want this guitar, but there are two things I'm not diggin. The super thin body and the S inlays. Apparently you don't get dotted inlays like the picture on MF shows, bucause I youtubed the guitar and everyone's has these huge S inlays. Other than that it's a go.

I don't even listen to Dragonforce but that Herman Li guy pretty much has the exact guitar I want. It's an S prestige and has that faded brown look with normal looking inlays. but unfortunately it's way too expensive.

I'm pretty much excited about that middle single-coil pickup, and the trem. And of course the look of the guitar.
Last edited by Ignite at Jul 10, 2008,
Then get the new rg prestiges.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots