Flexy being a SS, Vox being a hybrid type

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
vs. i already own the Flexy...i just asked a guy yesterday about him playing his hellraiser through his voxadvt, wondering how it would sound througha SS amp since i was getting one, and he said it sounded great..but he told me the Vox is more of a hybrid amp....im just wondering if the vox was better than the flexy

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by timi_hendrix
Are you looking to buy one of them or is this just a vs thread?

He already has one.

Edit: I don't think the Vox is that much better. Yes, it has a tube, but just one tube.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Last edited by Fama at Jul 10, 2008,
Quote by Rules sticky
Versus threads: Threads like, Metallica vs. Megadeth, or Gibson vs. Fender? are not allowed.

A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
dudes, technically its not a vs thread seing as he was asking if the new guitar hes interested in would sound good through his amp, seing as it sounded good through a hybrid advt

have a nice day chaps
The flextone is fine. Honestly I think its better than the vox.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
I think that the Flextone is far better than the Vox. The Vox AD I tried was a bit muddy while the Flextone I tried was really good and had a lot more models effects and changeable options.
well, the flextone is a much more expensive modeller. So you'd expect it to be better quality, right? I think its a little better than the cheaper valvetronix, but i don't know how it compares to the AD60/120VTs.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by GeorgeWFletcher
I think that the Flextone is far better than the Vox. The Vox AD I tried was a bit muddy while the Flextone I tried was really good and had a lot more models effects and changeable options.

+1 way better.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD