Ok so I wanna get a tuner pedal but I dont want to spend that much if I can help it. I've always shyed away from any Behringer product because I've had plenty of bad experiences. But if the behringer tuner is accurate an works... Its way cheaper than anything else. So tell me all your stories good and bad. Will the behringer last or would it be better to buy a boss TU-2 or something.
Thanks in advance.
I have the tuner pedal. It's alright. Noisy and sucks tone, but it tunes decently enough for £15. I'm going to replace it with one of those Korg pitchblack jobbies, but if you're on a budget it does a good enough job.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Shredy_Mc_shred
NEVER EVER buy behringer stuff !!!

narrow minded or bandwagon? you choose...

well, if you don't trust behringer, don't buy their stuff, but the tuners on the V-amps at college were accurate enough so i don't see how the tuner pedal would be completely useless although it COULD tone suck i guess (i don't know), but some behringer pedals are pretty good value for money, unfortunately i'm not certain of which ones.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I have a Behringer MIDI control board. These can't affect tone in any way, and it's built very solid. More solid than the Roland one I saw.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Im not narrow minded ive had behringer stuff before and its really bad and from the looks of things others seem to agree with me, stay away from behringer junk and save up for the boss pedal.
If it's true that it sucks tone you could simply get a Y plug so that you can place it on your pedal board without it going to your amp.

---- amp
guitar ---- pedal---pedal ---Y plug - 
                                                      ----tuner pedal

If that makes sense
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Quote by Shredy_Mc_shred
Im not narrow minded ive had behringer stuff before and its really bad and from the looks of things others seem to agree with me, stay away from behringer junk and save up for the boss pedal.

Well to be honest most of the the "Behringer junk" pedals are very close clones of their Boss equivalents. Boss are nice pedals if you want reliable workhorses, but they don't sound particularly inspiring. And the bypass is pretty bad in general.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Well to be honest most of the the "Behringer junk" pedals are very close clones of their Boss equivalents. Boss are nice pedals if you want reliable workhorses, but they don't sound particularly inspiring. And the bypass is pretty bad in general.

+1
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Shredy_Mc_shred

well there are supposed to be some behringer pedals which are good value for money. I'm not recommending them, mind, because i don't know, i've only heard the ultra-metal, and it seemed fine, for the price. and Boss pedals really aren't that much better, especially not for how much more you pay. i'm pretty sure its my DS-2 which is ****ing up my clean tones while in bypass mode by clipping harshly if i dig in too hard when i'm using humbuckers.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

for £15 you can get a crafter clip on tuner. they work. they have a bright orange led which goes bright green when its in tune and its not in your signal chain at all so it wont colour your sound.

i have a couple of them i like em so much... keep one upstairs and one downstairs.
Thank you please.
I've got a Tu-2 pedal and it's great, you can put it straight onto your pedal board or just use it as any other hand held tuner.

By the was awesome title lol.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Not on my v-ampire amp. The tuner didn't track for ****, it took a long time to tune and was just generally frustrating to use.

well, they worked fine on both v-amps at college. The real problem was the fact that everyone was using those encore strat copies which are absolutely awful and wouldn't tune up anyway. tuning my guitars from the V-amps was fine though. Crappy quality control?

Quote by timi_hendrix

Bad bypasses are my sworn enemy. I have nightmares about using 3 or 4 boss pedals in a row and a stock crybaby.

That said, if you value your tone, I suggest considering a true bypass tuner, or be like me, and just use on that isn't a pedal tuner. I have one that clips on to my headstock. It's even more convenient than a pedal, to me.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I agree with what someone stated before about Behringer being relative clones of Boss pedals, in terms of tone and quality of sound, but in terms of durability and bypass, Behringer pedals are very weak. I bought a couple of Behringer pedals out of curiosity and they were mediocre. Essentially,. you get what you pay for. Their main weakness is their lack of durability, they are plastic and cheaply made, hence they are easily breakable. In terms of the tuner for the TS, I would recommend getting a Planet Waves Chromatic Pedal Tuner off EBay, not too expensive and will be more accurate and you will be more pleased in the long run. Behringer = barely satisfactory on a short-term basis, as you will eventually gain an overwhelming sense of indignation and a powerufl urgew to discard and subsequently replace it. Don't ever touch Behringer amps though, horrible pieces of equipment.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I have a couple of Behringer pedals and have not had a problem with them. The VD-1 Vintage Distortion (Big Muff clone) has worked fine gigging with it for over two years. At $30 US, I figure I got my money's worth and more. The BTR2000 Rack Tuner has also worked well for over two years. At $60 US, it has more than paid for itself. The UO100 Ultra Octave is a very limited pedal but so was my old Boss OC-2, which this one models. I also have a Vamp2 which is a nice little $100 modeling unit. I would never gig with an amp modeler of any type so I would not know about its reliability live but there is a slight switching pause between patches. I have had it for 3 years with no problems.

I have heard the complaints about Behringer products. I just haven't experienced any problems myself yet. I've had more problems by far with Digitech pedals than Behringer.
Last edited by MT in Austin at Jul 10, 2008,
For your tuner pedal get this for 40 bucks with true :: bypass Ibanez LU20 ::
http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBALU20

As for Behringer, hey there are folks out there that are happy with brands like these cause they are cheap and allow a couple of things: 1) person that rarely uses a particular effect to get it on the cheap. 2) person may actually feel they got a good deal. 3) some folks simply cannot afford boutique pedals.

As for the Boss Haters...IMHO Boss has been putting out some of the most reliable pedals - EVER! I have used Boss pedals for decades without problems (maybe I have been lucky)....I can't say the same for other companies like EHX, Line 6, etc.

Would I have a pedal board full of Boss Pedals? Hell no! The buffered bypass is fine for one or two pedals after that (IMHO) things start going downhill. But having a variety of pedal manufacturers is why we have pedal boards, isn't it? I am most happy with my 2 Boss pedals (DD-20 and RC-2.) Oh I also have a BR-600 Multitracker which is awesome. But for Compression I think Keely is best (even though I have a Maxon); Fuzz = EHX; analog delay = EHX or MXR...etc etc. It's all a matter of preference and what one can afford (what is a particular effect worth to an individual?)

I could see slaming a multi-effects company/product (because it is all or not)...but if I use delay on one song in my setlist, I am not going to spend 450 bucks on an empress superdelay! However, if you use delay all the time it might be worth it. Again, I kinda think everyone's tastes, budgets and needs are different (at least I hope that is the case, or we'll all play the same stuff with the same sound.)
^ Nobody said boss isn't reliable, they are however fairly low quality of construction, overpriced, have bad bypass and the tone is not always great.

You needn't spend very much more than what you could on a Boss pedal to get something that sounds far far better.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by HeliuM
If it's true that it sucks tone you could simply get a Y plug so that you can place it on your pedal board without it going to your amp.

---- amp
guitar ---- pedal---pedal ---Y plug -
----tuner pedal

If that makes sense

Well, an A/B switch would do the trick

YOu could even stick a regular tuner on it and be done
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Either one of these tuners is more convenient than a pedal for me.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=intellitouch+tuner&src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0

They clip onto the headstock, and they're accurate. So, you can tune up quickly and easily and you don't have a pedal to deal with. I have the white one, but the black one is backlit, for tuning in the dark.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by papersun87
If you need a cheap tuner, just get the Pewaves JPT-10. It tunes as accurately as the Pitchblack (more accurately than the Boss) and it's true bypass as well. $43.

Sounds too true to be good...

And their Ibanez Tube King copy isn't supposed to be bad, but I never played one...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I have used Behringer products before and atm i have a tu300 and a fx 100 on my board and they are kwl pedals but easy to break. obvs i dont just use them 2, i aslo use a ibanez tubescreamer to boost leads and a stock crybaby.