So I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me the year of my guitar, or knew of a link to one of those serial number search sites... I believe it to be from the '50's, because it has both the Gibson and Epiphone names imprinted on the headstock. So, please, if anyone knows anything about it.
google gibson go to the wikipedia page and theres a section on serial #
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
if its an epiphone its based on the 58' V

it wont really be that old though lol sorry, what dies your serial number begin with?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Isn't there a search-engine kind of thing that will look up the year and everything when you punch in the serial?
It can't be from the fiftys because Gibson didn't own epiphone yet. You can e-mail gibson the serial # and they should be able to tell you the year.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by bBreaker at Jul 10, 2008,
Quote by bBreaker
It can't be from the fiftys because Gibson didn't own epiphone yet.
Gibson bought Epiphone in 1957.
Quote by smb
Gibson bought Epiphone in 1957.

Exactly, and that's why I believe BOTH names are on the headstock, and that's why I would like to find the exact year. Probably '57-'58
Quote by bBreaker
It can't be from the fiftys because Gibson didn't own epiphone yet. You can e-mail gibson the serial # and they should be able to tell you the year.

any chance Ibanez does that for my '75 SG double neck???? 'cuz it's a pre-lawsuit... they're not allowed to make those anymore. (because the headstock looks exactly the same as the gibson... after '79 they started using other headstocks...)
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
Quote by Aplanken
any chance Ibanez does that for my '75 SG double neck???? 'cuz it's a pre-lawsuit... they're not allowed to make those anymore. (because the headstock looks exactly the same as the gibson... after '79 they started using other headstocks...)
Yours is this model