i have purchased a hiwatt b60 12 bass amp which has the following controls in the equalization part of the amp;
contour,bass.middle,treble and presence.
i was wondering what some of you guys out there would set these controls to for a good solid bass tone,
all advice will be greatfully recieved.
play it and mess with it. I do suggest boosting the bass a little extra if you want a bassy tone. but we are not you. only you know what you want.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
i have this amp, what do you think of it?

i would start with everything in the middle, then mess around with it till you find something you like
Quote by ashlew
i have this amp, what do you think of it?

i would start with everything in the middle, then mess around with it till you find something you like

i like it but then i did have a behringer before which was not the best so any quality amp is gonna sound better than that crappy amp,im beginning to find a tone i like but still havent worked out what the contour and presence do.
Quote by tedred
i like it but then i did have a behringer before which was not the best so any quality amp is gonna sound better than that crappy amp,im beginning to find a tone i like but still havent worked out what the contour and presence do.

contour is your mids, its like a simple eq

i think presence is how much you can feel the bass, im not too sure myself but you can feel a difference when its on full
Quote by ashlew
contour is your mids, its like a simple eq

i think presence is how much you can feel the bass, im not too sure myself but you can feel a difference when its on full

Contour isn't your mids, and presence isn't how much you feel the bass. Contour is a mid scoop in one knob; the higher the contour knob is turned up, the further it boosts your bass and treble while cutting the mids. It's nice when you want to keep the same EQ settings but want a nice slap tone too, so you don't have to remember how you had your EQ set. The presence knob is only on cheaper amps, it's another frequency in the EQ above the "Treble" frequency. Just think of it as a 4th band on the EQ.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Contour isn't your mids, and presence isn't how much you feel the bass. Contour is a mid scoop in one knob; the higher the contour knob is turned up, the further it boosts your bass and treble while cutting the mids. It's nice when you want to keep the same EQ settings but want a nice slap tone too, so you don't have to remember how you had your EQ set. The presence knob is only on cheaper amps, it's another frequency in the EQ above the "Treble" frequency. Just think of it as a 4th band on the EQ.

ok well i didn't know that about presence, i just mess around with it till i get a good sound from it