well I've been thinking about getting a new schecter stiletto but I'm not sure if I'm ready for a 5 string yet, but how did you decide when to get a fiver and what are sime thoughts on this

or just stay with a 4 string such as this

also the bass I already own is a fender MIM jazz
It's not really about being ready for 5 strings. It's not harder or more advanced, it's just different. Play a few and see how they feel. The major difference is having more notes available in each position which feels like a real luxury to me.
that fiver looks great
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
ive been told that if ya gunna get a a bass with more then 4 strings to get a 6 sting as theres not alot of point in 5 strings and you may aswell go the whole hog and get a 6. i find the bass that cost over £500 play so much nicer then ones that are cheaper so unless you got a fair wack of money keep saving and get a really nice one you wont regret it.
Quote by bass is bestest
ive been told that if ya gunna get a a bass with more then 4 strings to get a 6 sting as theres not alot of point in 5 strings and you may aswell go the whole hog and get a 6. i find the bass that cost over £500 play so much nicer then ones that are cheaper so unless you got a fair wack of money keep saving and get a really nice one you wont regret it.

Like this?
I got my 5er Because it sounded better than anyother stingray. then again mine is a little more than just a 5er, it's the best 5er i've ever played. i agree with Bass Is Bestest here and say save up as much as you can for the 5er. however; i say don't go 6 unless you really want to
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by bass is bestest
ive been told that if ya gunna get a a bass with more then 4 strings to get a 6 sting as theres not alot of point in 5 strings and you may aswell go the whole hog and get a 6.
Why? Why is 6 automatically better than 5? Why do you believe everything you hear?
My very first bass was a 5 string. I just got a peavey millenium 5. I dont use the 5th string very much. A six string bass wouldnt be very bad for stuff like jazz band at school and stuff like that. If I were you I would just go with a six string. I sometimes wish I had one. That extra string would probably be real handy. The only bad thing about it is that it looks like it would be a bitch to play since the neck is so wide, but I wouldnt know. I never played one.
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by Bonesaw

yeh looks awesome shecters are pretty but try one first to make sure you like it the good thing bout six strings ur hand always seemes to be in a comfortable possition cause of how thick the neck is.
Quote by smb
Why? Why is 6 automatically better than 5? Why do you believe everything you hear?

no im just saying that people who go for 5 strings have gone for sixes later on and while 5s are good ya may aswell go for a 6 because u get more range with it and it would be more fun to master. but toitally my opinion dont take it as me badmouthing 5s