Djevik
582 IQ
This is the tab for my new original, Murder On Fleet Street.

There are a few differences between the tab and my actual recording. The intro has a very small melody played by the 2nd clean guitar. The 2nd Gtr also does a bluesy little riff thing right before the solo. And at the end, I did the actual "murder" by complete improv.

Here is the recording:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=906168

Anyway, listen to it and tell me what you think! And leave a comment!!!

-Dj
Attachments:
murder tab.zip
Last edited by Djevik at Jul 10, 2008,
dream{M}theater
Prog-rock fan
377 IQ
I really like the style of the song and all the clean guitars. I don't think the overdriven guitar should come in so early.
Also, I find the ending to be very weak.
Gear
MIM Stratocaster w/ Vintage Noiseless Pickups
VOX Valvetronix AD15
BOSS Blues Driver
VOX V847 Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Djevik
582 IQ
Are you referring to the ending in the tab or the actual mp3 recording?

Because the ending I have in the actual recording isn't tabbed out. It's just improv guitar "vocals" and a scream..
Td_Nights
UG Fanatic
608 IQ
I don't like the recorded version very much.

The distorted guitar drowns out just about everything else, and the ending, although improvised, didn't seem to fit hardly at all.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Djevik
582 IQ
Ok man, I know this isn't going to jive well with the main stream rockers here. This is just something that made me laugh when I played it.

The intro was just supposed to sound a like a standard old english day (actually sounds like a Polish jig). Then the electric guitar (sweeny) fades in. Then takes over. Then it cuts out to the actual scene. The door opens, a small conversation, then a scream cut short, and the door closes.

I guess you'd have to watch the movie, or any other one by Tim Burton, to get into the groove.
Td_Nights
UG Fanatic
608 IQ
Quote by Djevik
Ok man, I know this isn't going to jive well with the main stream rockers here. This is just something that made me laugh when I played it.

The intro was just supposed to sound a like a standard old english day (actually sounds like a Polish jig). Then the electric guitar (sweeny) fades in. Then takes over. Then it cuts out to the actual scene. The door opens, a small conversation, then a scream cut short, and the door closes.

I guess you'd have to watch the movie, or any other one by Tim Burton, to get into the groove.

I'm not really a movie person, I wish you would've clarified what it was supposed to 'go with' in your original post.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
icronic
2,638 IQ
This is pretty hilarious. I can totally see the influence.

I like it overall, lots of cool ideas, and you really captured the theme well.

I didn't like the sound of the overdrive guitar in the recording at all, it just didn't work. I really think a much cleaner sound would have suited it better. I do like the part itself though, it's a really nice solo.

The ending also could use a little work. I see what you're trying to do with it in the recording, but it just doesn't seem quite right.

Anyway, it's still very cool and unique.
Djevik
582 IQ
Hey thanks icronic,

I'll tone the solo down a bit if I ever rerecord this.